Sizing help for Commencal meta am

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Sizing help for Commencal meta am
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
Hey guys, I was wondering about the sizing of the Commencal meta. I’m around 170cm, or 5’7. I’m a medium in most brands and I was wondering if I should go for the size medium or size small, as some people recommended downsizing. Also, I will be racing this bike so I feel the medium would be the better choice with the longer wheelbase and reach, but I’m still on the fence about it. Thanks guys Smile

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
I can't give you direct advice, because I'm on a Meta AM 4.2 (27.5"). Also, I ride a large. However, here's my thoughts:

I was right between sizes at 6'1", and chose the large because that's always been my "size." Now that I've ridden the bike for a few years, I feel like I could have gone for the XL and been happy. I feel a little bit cramped and hunched over when pedaling.
I have longer arms and shorter legs, so my body type may be different from yours. Commencal may have also changed the interrelationships between all the parts of the frame on the 29er bike, so that's a concern. However, if you want to imagine their "philosophy" about sizing is the same, and if you are between sizes, and if you happen to need a longer cockpit, consider going with the Medium.

EDIT: Look at my profile pic to the left and you'll see what I mean.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
Definitely MED, my son 5'5'' shreds on his and doesn't look at all to big for him. Slam the seat forward too

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 22:33 Quote
Hey, i normally ride a med being 5'8, have bought a 2019 meta am 29 and it feels good under me.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005728
Mobile Version of Website