Evil 27.5 or offering?

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
I'm currently riding a insurgent size small at 5'8 and love the bike to death but really wish I had got a medium for pedaling. So if I'm going to buy another carbon bike for this summer I want a warranty. Being that I like 27.5 alot hoping the new bike evil coming out is a insurgent but after calling them asking if they are ever going to make a new 27.5 bike all they said was check the site in a month or 2 so they won't give me a straight answer if its a insurgent so i am wondering if there's info on it? Put a down payment on a offering I can get in a month but really rather have a 27.5 and 150mm because I can only have bike for everything and thats what I ride dh, big jumps, and some flat pedal trails.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Douggiefresh88 wrote:
I'm currently riding a insurgent size small at 5'8 and love the bike to death but really wish I had got a medium for pedaling. So if I'm going to buy another carbon bike for this summer I want a warranty. Being that I like 27.5 alot hoping the new bike evil coming out is a insurgent but after calling them asking if they are ever going to make a new 27.5 bike all they said was check the site in a month or 2 so they won't give me a straight answer if its a insurgent so i am wondering if there's info on it? Put a down payment on a offering I can get in a month but really rather have a 27.5 and 150mm because I can only have bike for everything and thats what I ride dh, big jumps, and some flat pedal trails.

The V2 Offering is surprisingly more capable than its travel suggests. It also climbs really well, you could build up a super capable offering with a 160 fork and a coil in the rear, I too have been waiting on the new Insurgent and Calling though. I would suggest trying a modern 29er, I was skeptical to switch from 27.5 to 29, but now the geo is good enough that some 29ers have that snappy 27.5 feels. I'm not trying to convince you to change the wheel size but merely try it, (or demo a 29er), before you buy it.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
There are no rental offerings where I live and Idk if I would want to try a different brand 29er and have a bad experience making me hate 29ers. Thought about a wreckoning but might be too much travel for a all around bike being i only weigh 125lbs

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:58 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Douggiefresh88 wrote:
I'm currently riding a insurgent size small at 5'8 and love the bike to death but really wish I had got a medium for pedaling. So if I'm going to buy another carbon bike for this summer I want a warranty. Being that I like 27.5 alot hoping the new bike evil coming out is a insurgent but after calling them asking if they are ever going to make a new 27.5 bike all they said was check the site in a month or 2 so they won't give me a straight answer if its a insurgent so i am wondering if there's info on it? Put a down payment on a offering I can get in a month but really rather have a 27.5 and 150mm because I can only have bike for everything and thats what I ride dh, big jumps, and some flat pedal trails.

The V2 Offering is surprisingly more capable than its travel suggests. It also climbs really well, you could build up a super capable offering with a 160 fork and a coil in the rear, I too have been waiting on the new Insurgent and Calling though. I would suggest trying a modern 29er, I was skeptical to switch from 27.5 to 29, but now the geo is good enough that some 29ers have that snappy 27.5 feels. I'm not trying to convince you to change the wheel size but merely try it, (or demo a 29er), before you buy it.


Do you have a offering or rode one?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
Douggiefresh88 wrote:
There are no rental offerings where I live and Idk if I would want to try a different brand 29er and have a bad experience making me hate 29ers. Thought about a wreckoning but might be too much travel for a all around bike being i only weigh 125lbs

I have the Wreckoning LB and hated it for climbing with the elevensix - sucks the life out of you. It also dumbed down a lot of trails if you're using it to pedal for blue-ish flow trails. Although, the Wrecker was very very very fun for Bike Park.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
Douggiefresh88 wrote:
There are no rental offerings where I live and Idk if I would want to try a different brand 29er and have a bad experience making me hate 29ers. Thought about a wreckoning but might be too much travel for a all around bike being i only weigh 125lbs

I understand your point, the reason why 29ers got a bad rep was because frame designers used to be lazy and design the 29ers with SUPER long chainstays because boost spacing hadn't come out yet and they wanted to be able to fit a pretty large tire back there. This made 29ers handle like a boat and extremely hard to move around. Now thanks to good geo, boost (and super-boost plus) designers can make bikes have solid tire clearance and super short chainstays. Take for example the new Offering, it's a 29er, has 430mm chainstays, and can still fit a 2.6. For reference, my older non-boost 27.5 bike had 435mm chainstays and had clearance for 2.35. That's the main reason I mainly ride 29ers. Though some people say you don't even feel a difference in the handling.

For your other question, yes I have demoed a V1 Offering, and I really enjoyed it. However, I hear that the V2 offerings are slightly more composed on the downhill.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
I have the Wreckoning LB and hated it for climbing with the elevensix - sucks the life out of you. It also dumbed down a lot of trails if you're using it to pedal for blue-ish flow trails. Although, the Wrecker was very very very fun for Bike Park.[/Quote]

The new one supposed to be a really go peddler for what it is. I ended up just sticking withe offering so will see.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005108
Mobile Version of Website