Transition Patrol, Trek Remedy or SC Bronson?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Trek Remedy or SC Bronson?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
Looking for a new do-it-all enduro bike and have narrowed it down to these three options. Unfortunately can’t find any bike shops with my size to demo the Remedy or Bronson but have tested the Patrol and get on well with it, but wondering if the other options would be better for me.

My local rides are steep, technical, natural trails eg. Triscombe but also do bike parks trips 3/4 times a month to Windhill, Woodys etc.
I’m looking for something that feels comfortable on tech but also want it to playful and poppy in the air and easy to throw into corners.

My current bike is a Giant Reign, really struggle with getting it in the air and chucking it around, the geometry does not work for me. I’m 5’5 and weigh around 8 stone.

Just looking for some opinions, thanks in advance!

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
Get a evil if you want poppy and playful! I love my insurgent even for a size small being 5'8 but moving to a medium offering.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 15:07 Quote
I have a friend who loved his Patrol, then moved on to other brands, including a Santa Cruz and now has a Transition Scout. He loves the Transition ethos, apparently. He's an all-rounder who likes to pop around a little, too.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 20:23 Quote
I've ridden all 3 and liked them all. I'm in Santa Cruz, CA, so I have the same steep and technical terrain. I also prefer a poppy and playful bike and these 3 were at the top of my list..

The Patrol is a little closer to your Reign and was the least playful of the 3. Fast, though. For me, it was a really hard choice between the Remedy and Bronson, as they were both amazing.

I wound up choosing the Remedy, as it was a better value and I wanted to spend money on TRP brakes and a coil shock regardless of which bike I chose, so it made more financial sense. It's now exactly the bike I wanted to build. The Bronson R was $750 more than the 9.8, and it doesn't come with carbon rims, a Fox 38, or GX shifters. It also has a shitty dropper post, and the new Bongrager Line Pro dropper is actually really nice.

If value is less of a concern and you're happy spending the extra money on a Bronson, I did enjoy the Bronson's VPP rear suspension design a little more than the modified single pivot on the trek for overall bump compliance. The Trek has a better suspension while braking, which I'm doing a lot on steep downhill trails (less anti-rise due to their ABP). That VPP is like butter on the chunky stuff...but I justified the Trek suspension because I was going coil anyway.

Honestly, pick whichever one you can get your hands on. Second choice based on value (for me) or color (if you didn't care as much about value). You'll really like either one.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 22:31 Quote
I just got a remedy 8 and I love it! The bike is so poppy and really playful. I've even rode some dirtjumps and some street already, the bike just wants to be bunny hopped, manualed, in the air and thrown around.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.065535
Mobile Version of Website