frame protection tapes (ams,invidiframe..)

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
frame protection tapes (ams,invidiframe..)
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 23:14 Quote
Im waiting for new carbon bike for trail riding and downhill.

I was planning to wrap it with invisiframe but that seems to be quite frustrating and difficult job to do.

Anyone have any experience with AMS total taping. Does that provide enough protection for frame?

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
The answer to your question depends on your point of view. Without knowing how often or how hard you're going to fall or how carefully you're going to be handling your bike there isn't really any way to answer whether or not a thin layer of plastic will be enough to protect the bike from the environment you expose it to.
I've never used invisiframe - I looks great, but I've never tried it. I use AMS honeycomb protective strips and I've had satisfactory results. The strips are tough as hell.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
Just did a bike in Invisiframe, and did a friend’s in RideWrap a couple weeks ago. They’re not that bad. I would say that you ought to evaluate what your desired end-state is, then assess whether the time and cost is worth it. My experience was that I bought a huge AMS kit for my new bike, then did the friends RideWrap job, and totally wanted that low profile low visibility protection on mine. Foolishly I bought an AMS kit with graphics. Just wasn’t for me.

Small sample size review:
RideWrap comes with solution, cleaner wipes, very easy to follow instructions, and the pieces are labeled very easily.
Invisiframe comes with a squeegee, and slightly vague instructions.
AMS and alternatives: no instructions needed.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
Invisiframe really is not that difficult if you set yourself with proper tools and take your time. I wrap mine when new, typically frame builds. I pull the rear triangle off so I can work in a more controlled manner. Ample soapy water, but not tons, and take your time. Not all the pieces are necessary. I leave off a few pieces nearly evrry time I wrap one.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 1:52 Quote
Invisiframe is pretty easy to be honest. I thought it would have been a nightmare but found it simple. Follow their instructions and take your time and you won't have any issues. Make sure the frame is squeaky clean before you start!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004691
Mobile Version of Website