Specialized Turbo LEVO motor firmware update

PB Forum :: eMTB
Specialized Turbo LEVO motor firmware update
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
I had heard not to update motor firmware in the past. It was causing motor failures, or at least failures began to show up immediately after the shop update was done.
Now a motor firmware update can be done through the app. Don’t know if it is the same update as before or a newer one without the risks.
Looking for reliable information.

Is this still current advice?

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
I just had my 3rd failure in less than 1 year on a 2020 Levo Comp. I did update the firmware but cannot confirm that it was the reason for the failure.....

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
The latest motor firmware update was to give power to the motor when you were in the final red bar. If you ever touched bottom on your battery,you could feel the lack of power when you were about to run out of juice.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
I have never updated the motor firmware... and never had any problems with my 2020 LEVO Comp in 2 years. Was wondering if any early firmware update problems have been corrected.
Knock on wood!

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
MBBrett wrote:
The latest motor firmware update was to give power to the motor when you were in the final red bar. If you ever touched bottom on your battery,you could feel the lack of power when you were about to run out of juice.
Is there somewhere that says this? How do you know?

I've just had mine updated today.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
Mauryj wrote:
I had heard not to update motor firmware in the past. It was causing motor failures, or at least failures began to show up immediately after the shop update was done.
Now a motor firmware update can be done through the app. Don’t know if it is the same update as before or a newer one without the risks.
Looking for reliable information.

Is this still current advice?
what year is your Levo? Get the updates. The latest update is to address these issues. I had my motor replaced on my 2020 400 miles after I purchased this was only a few months in. The issue was the nylon gears got hot and failed, had nothing to do with updates. Now after 1600 miles it still runs perfect.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005453
Mobile Version of Website