Cannondale Super-V

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
A riding friend of mine has a few bikes, he loves to ride his Super-V 400. It's kept in great shape, and I have to say it's an impressive bike.

The stock shock in there I believe is called a FOX "Vanilla" is that right? It's mounted to the suspension link so I THINK that qualifies it as a Trunnion mount.
There must be someone that knows about either replacements for these shocks, OR what about replacing JUST the coil?
Any help?

We rode yesterday but I had no measurement tool w/me. I'll check out measurements next time or get him to do it, but it's in the ballpark of 5.25" and the travel has got to be 80mm or close to that so the stroke may be around 40mm.
These measurements must be congruent, so I don't know if FOX measured those in SAE or metric.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
Risseracing has replacement shocks in several styles. You have to measure pin to pin or call them/ send pic of bike. --Ktncandog!

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 16:17 Quote
Ktmcandog wrote:
Risseracing has replacement shocks in several styles. You have to measure pin to pin or call them/ send pic of bike. --Ktncandog!
Yeah that's right. We need the pin to pin, or eye to eye, right? and the stroke length. Like on my dpx2 it's 210x50 for example I think--but we'll need whatever HIS coil shock will be.
After the SAME coil in there for IDK how many years, we may just end up changing the coil, no?

~JSV

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
5.3" eye to eye, 1" stroke (25mm), 500# spring

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
Awesome! So it'll be an SAE measurement not metric, I figured that. Big help, thanks! I'll check it on the bike to make sure before we get anything, but this'll help me start looking. s00pa'-d00pa'!

~JSV

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004620
Mobile Version of Website