Norco Warranty?

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Warranty?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
Hey All,

I have a 2020 Optic that's been sitting with a broken suspension mount for coming up on 5 months now. The LBS I've been working with has been great but we've gotten nothing but a constant run around from Norco. First someone was out; then messages got lost; then oops inventory - should be Feb lol pandemic you so silly!; Then oops we meant March; then oops we meant end of April LOL who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ !

So, here my $5k bike sits. Un-ridable.

What's other people experience with trying to get a warranty frame with Norco? I'm feeling a little uncharitable right now but what's the point of having a warranty if they are not going to honor it?

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
grumbly wrote:
Hey All,

I have a 2020 Optic that's been sitting with a broken suspension mount for coming up on 5 months now. The LBS I've been working with has been great but we've gotten nothing but a constant run around from Norco. First someone was out; then messages got lost; then oops inventory - should be Feb lol pandemic you so silly!; Then oops we meant March; then oops we meant end of April LOL who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ !

So, here my $5k bike sits. Un-ridable.

What's other people experience with trying to get a warranty frame with Norco? I'm feeling a little uncharitable right now but what's the point of having a warranty if they are not going to honor it?

Hey

I am actually surprised that you have issues with getting a warranty done with Norco. I work for a shop that sells Norco and they have always been awesome to us. Last year my 2017 Torrent fs developed a small hairline crack in the chain stay. We contacted our rep about it and I got a new frame in less than a week (Norco was not made aware that it was my bike so I got the service that anyone would have). In the past Norco warrantied frame, forks, wheels and more for us without any issue and sometimes people got small upgrades.

However I'm up in Canada so I don't know if the service is different in the US. But again its still very possible that no replacements are available due to the shortages.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
HuckingKiwi wrote:
We contacted our rep about it and I got a new frame in less than a week (Norco was not made aware that it was my bike so I got the service that anyone would have). In the past Norco warrantied frame, forks, wheels and more for us without any issue and sometimes people got small upgrades.

It's great that they have been responsive in the past. My Optic had a catastrophic failure after only 6 months of use and it's been sitting in the garage for just about as long. So clearly something has changed. We've had little communication from them and just constant moving goal posts on if/when they will fulfill their warranty.

At this point I just want the bike to be whole so I can sell it and be done with the brand.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008812
Mobile Version of Website