Horseshoe Valley Bike Park

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Horseshoe Valley Bike Park
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
I have been a long time season pass holder for Blue, but damn, Horseshoe has done a great job this year. I have been looking at my past statistics on Trailforks, I actually get way more ride time and distance covered at Horseshoe then I ever did at Blue. The wait time and lines for the lifts are short, the new trails are decent, and I rediscovered my love for drops, especially the last one on Over the Hedge...the "g-out" is harsh.

Glad I kept my DH bike, good stuff Horseshoe Smile

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 19:09 Quote
Hey everyone,
I'm a guy, 31, who is moving to the GTA from North Vancouver. I'm used to riding Whistler bike park every weekend so I'm curious if Ontario has some downhill mtb and lift access.

Here is my comment on Blue. (slightly off topic, but related to horseshoe)
I was bummed to see Blue close their bike park, it came as pretty shocking news to us in BC. Lift access mountain biking has become huge here, this summer we saw the longest lines ever at Whistler even with the border closed. Everyone here was stoked for lift access mtb to sweep through Ontario the way it has in BC. All you need is 1 good chairlift. People say no way, there's more to it like liability etc. but I don't buy that anymore. Too many resorts have proven otherwise. Horseshoe is managing the liability and so are all the BC and Quebec resorts. Over here in BC Revelstoke, Big White, and Silverstar all added bike park expansions this year so nobody understands the decision made by Blue.

That aside.. I'm stoked to try Horseshoe in summer 2022. I will probably take fridays off work and ride horseshoe on the way up to the cottage. If anyone's looking for a riding buddy this year let's meet for a lap. I have 2 nice rigs, a DH (rocky maiden) and an Enduro (kona process)

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
sweetpotato7345 wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm a guy, 31, who is moving to the GTA from North Vancouver. I'm used to riding Whistler bike park every weekend so I'm curious if Ontario has some downhill mtb and lift access.

Here is my comment on Blue. (slightly off topic, but related to horseshoe)
I was bummed to see Blue close their bike park, it came as pretty shocking news to us in BC. Lift access mountain biking has become huge here, this summer we saw the longest lines ever at Whistler even with the border closed. Everyone here was stoked for lift access mtb to sweep through Ontario the way it has in BC. All you need is 1 good chairlift. People say no way, there's more to it like liability etc. but I don't buy that anymore. Too many resorts have proven otherwise. Horseshoe is managing the liability and so are all the BC and Quebec resorts. Over here in BC Revelstoke, Big White, and Silverstar all added bike park expansions this year so nobody understands the decision made by Blue.

That aside.. I'm stoked to try Horseshoe in summer 2022. I will probably take fridays off work and ride horseshoe on the way up to the cottage. If anyone's looking for a riding buddy this year let's meet for a lap. I have 2 nice rigs, a DH (rocky maiden) and an Enduro (kona process)

Nope, you are not going to find much in Ontario. Other than Horseshoe I think Sir Sams opens on weekends sometimes but they are pretty small.

Your only other options are the 5 hour drive to Ottawa area for Camp Fortune or further into quebec:
6 hour drive to Bromont
6 hour drive to MSS
8 hour drive to MSA

If you haven't been to Bromont before you will probably feel right at home there coming from whister.
MSA is a lot more race focused with never ending chunky gnar but not really any big feature to speak of.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
Sir Sams may be small and some runs are a bit short, but the trails are really fun rocky rooty as apposed to high speed bermed out flow. There are around 20km of trails with absolutely no line ups at the lift.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
Are we getting the early bird summer pass deals this year? Anyone? Cool

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:

Out now. But, prices have gone up.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 15:01 Quote
Barks82 wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:

Is it me or did it go up $50 this year?

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
I can't lie, I was stunned when I saw the price of a Horseshoe season pass this year. It's $50 less than a Bromont DH season pass, and it's the same price as a Mont-Sainte-Anne DH season pass... Insane

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
Trinimon wrote:
Barks82 wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:

Is it me or did it go up $50 this year?

Ya, I can't remember what the early bird was last year but I know it was under $300. Seems a bit much to me! Will have to make it there quite a bit to make it worth getting a season pass this year.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 13:25 Quote
Barks82 wrote:
Ya, I can't remember what the early bird was last year but I know it was under $300. Seems a bit much to me! Will have to make it there quite a bit to make it worth getting a season pass this year.

Yeah, last time I recall if you did 4-5 visits, it pretty much paid for the pass. Now you got to go at least 7 times. Still good if you live nearby or you have a lot of free time. Sucks when you have to share your weekends with other family members. lol

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
Trinimon wrote:
Barks82 wrote:

Yeah, last time I recall if you did 4-5 visits, it pretty much paid for the pass. Now you got to go at least 7 times. Still good if you live nearby or you have a lot of free time. Sucks when you have to share your weekends with other family members. lol

Ya, im only 45 minutes away which is nice. But the family man, so needy lol.

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 9:38 Quote
Barks82 wrote:
Ya, im only 45 minutes away which is nice. But the family man, so needy lol.

lol, I hear ya!

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 8:00 Quote
Prices spiked huge this year for passes….
Last year early bird was under $300 for a pass and this year it’s over $400.

@horseshoebikepark better be upping the game this season or I can see a lot of riders being pretty pissed about to increase.

Copeland is right across the road and has similar elevation, but you gotta pedal.

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
Myself and @elepizzle (Lewis Park) goin Shreddie Krueger on HVBP! Man this place rips! Big Grin

Ps. To the person on Going Green at 6:29 I just now heard you say "sorry" as I came past. I never heard that until now! If you ever happen to see this, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to cut you off! It's a green trails so you technically had the right of way, so again I do apologize, I didn't mean to cut you off. You needn't be sorry, I'm the one who should be and is sorry!
You rock, keep shredding!
Cheers Smile \m/
Awesome words, Kyle. For a guy who rips as fast as you do to apologize to someone who is slower, is a pure class act, brother. You, like me, would hate to scare a beginner & make them hesitant to ride.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 19:52 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:
Myself and @elepizzle (Lewis Park) goin Shreddie Krueger on HVBP! Man this place rips! Big Grin

Ps. To the person on Going Green at 6:29 I just now heard you say "sorry" as I came past. I never heard that until now! If you ever happen to see this, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to cut you off! It's a green trails so you technically had the right of way, so again I do apologize, I didn't mean to cut you off. You needn't be sorry, I'm the one who should be and is sorry!
You rock, keep shredding!
Cheers Smile \m/
Awesome words, Kyle. For a guy who rips as fast as you do to apologize to someone who is slower, is a pure class act, brother. You, like me, would hate to scare a beginner & make them hesitant to ride.

Cheers brother! I can't wait to get back out West to shred with you guys again bro! Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006349
Mobile Version of Website