Horseshoe Valley Bike Park

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Horseshoe Valley Bike Park
O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
Well horseshoe did not step up.

Just went yesterday and yes I was excited but that quickly turned to disappointment.

Honestly the trails had more sand than the beach. This early in the season should not be like that. Only a couple trails (over the hedge, party, dark roast, smith) could you actually ride without worrying constantly your tires were going to dig into the sand landing or cornering a berm. BERMS need dirt….or else your on your ass.

And the whole easy side is closed for them having to dig/repair where they dug up a pipe or something. Seriously. Horseshoe you upped the prices now up the quality.

I believed and bought a season pass. Now if you have to close a trail one by one to rehab it. Do it. That I’d understand versus well we wanted to have everything we could be open.

I’ll head to sir sams and check that out. Maybe find dirt smh.

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
If you have'nt been there, Sir Sams is alot of fun. Don't expect a bermed out freeway though, its more slow twisty rocks and roots. Unfortunately the new ownership isn't opening the lift until July according to their website, which I find kind of odd.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
billyzeee wrote:

Just went yesterday and yes I was excited but that quickly turned to disappointment.

Honestly the trails had more sand than the beach. This early in the season should not be like that. Only a couple trails (over the hedge, party, dark roast, smith) could you actually ride without worrying constantly your tires were going to dig into the sand landing or cornering a berm. BERMS need dirt….or else your on your ass.

And the whole easy side is closed for them having to dig/repair where they dug up a pipe or something. Seriously. Horseshoe you upped the prices now up the quality.

I believed and bought a season pass. Now if you have to close a trail one by one to rehab it. Do it. That I’d understand versus well we wanted to have everything we could be open.

Yikes.

I've actually never been, and only started mtb early last year. I do find what short downhill I CAN find at my local trails by far the most fun..

I had planned to go this coming long weekend... should I not bother? :s

O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
grboots wrote:
billyzeee wrote:

Yikes.

I've actually never been, and only started mtb early last year. I do find what short downhill I CAN find at my local trails by far the most fun..

I had planned to go this coming long weekend... should I not bother? :s
best if it just rained

O+
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
Hey 1 more Q...

Never been, staying over a night as well at the resort... Do they have any type of bike lockup or storage?

Can I bring a dirty bike up to the room? I guess I could lock it up in my car but... :s

Any advice?

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
grboots wrote:
Hey 1 more Q...

Never been, staying over a night as well at the resort... Do they have any type of bike lockup or storage?

Can I bring a dirty bike up to the room? I guess I could lock it up in my car but... :s

Any advice?

You can bring your bike to your room. If the bike wash is running, best give it a spray down first as a curtesy to the cleaners.

Take your time on your initial ride there. Even the green trails can be intimidating your first time there and esp if you're new to mtb. It's super easy to pickup speed and get carried away. Some features can sneak up fast if you're not familiar with the trails and you might find yourself catching a lot of air. Have fun and ride within your limits. The season is just starting... ya don't want to be in a cast all summer. lol

O+
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
If you have'nt been there, Sir Sams is alot of fun. Don't expect a bermed out freeway though, its more slow twisty rocks and roots. Unfortunately the new ownership isn't opening the lift until July according to their website, which I find kind of odd.

I went to sir sams a bunch last year. Don’t mind earning the downs. Going mid week is best as your generally alone and can hammer the trails.

And to the guy who said rain. Ummm sand is sand wet or not. I prefer riding on dirt and I’m pretty sure so does most mtbrs.

I still will go to horseshoe but we need to make our thoughts known or else it won’t get fixed. Hell I’d donate a few hours to spread dirt if it resulted in better trails.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
Trinimon wrote:
grboots wrote:
Hey 1 more Q...

Any advice?

You can bring your bike to your room. If the bike wash is running, best give it a spray down first as a curtesy to the cleaners.

Take your time on your initial ride there. Even the green trails can be intimidating your first time there and esp if you're new to mtb. It's super easy to pickup speed and get carried away. Some features can sneak up fast if you're not familiar with the trails and you might find yourself catching a lot of air. Have fun and ride within your limits. The season is just starting... ya don't want to be in a cast all summer. lol

Very true.

Thx for the advice... I for sure have no delusions of grandeur when it comes to biking... so ill be the slower guy there for sure... green and maybe some blue ia good enough for me Smile

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 18:13 Quote
Update,

Went today and was much happier until I broke the upper clamp on my fox transfer dropper. Smh

Horseshoe has done good work on adding dirt to most trails. The green side (right of the lift) is open now.

Hopefully they continue to work on them.

O+ FL
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 19:01 Quote
billyzeee wrote:
Update,

Went today and was much happier until I broke the upper clamp on my fox transfer dropper. Smh

Horseshoe has done good work on adding dirt to most trails. The green side (right of the lift) is open now.

Hopefully they continue to work on them.

Thanks for the update. Good to know they're laying down some dirt. A few sections of trail was like riding through beach sand.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:26 Quote
Was there on the 21st where it rained in the morning. Once it dried just a tad I thought it was pretty decent. Over the hedge was probably my fav. Didn't like Gravity Cavity or that one section of beach downhill in Freedom Flyer much, but i'll take what I can get I suppose. There's one section of smith that has off camber roots and I slid down thinking I could catch on the dirt, but it gave way and I ate it. Fun day overall. I think when I go back i'll aim for a day where it rained the night before or morning before ideally. All trails were open by the afternoon.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 4:23 Quote
Anybody been recently?
I'm planning to go next weekend. First time for me.
I don't have a DH bike, but a buddy told be that it's rideable on my StumpJumper.
Not planning on hitting any of the major jumps obviously, will probably stick to the easier trails to begin with.

How are the line ups in the weekend? bad/good?

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 5:39 Quote
I was there yesterday, last 3-4 weekends it has been empty. You can hit any and all the trails with the stumpy, just watch out for the sandpits.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
I was there yesterday, last 3-4 weekends it has been empty. You can hit any and all the trails with the stumpy, just watch out for the sandpits.

Awesome. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
Finally made it to Horseshoe resort for a ride
The weather was cold early on and showers were rolling through
Made the trail conditions great for riding
No dust
Wanted to say thanks to all the staff and fellow riders for a great afternoon
Got in 14 runs
Yes they are short and the lift lines were short as well
Friendly advice before hitting the trail was much appreciated
Friendly conversation on the lift ride up
The advice: Pre-ride, Re-ride, Freeride allowed me to progress and get through the listed trails in order of difficulty
I was the slow, non jumping rider on the SB165
The runs were both fun and challenging
Got to see some nice bikes in the lift line that I have been reading about this season here on Pinkbike

See you all again next season

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017799
Mobile Version of Website