Recording history not uploading to trailforks.com

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Recording history not uploading to trailforks.com
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
I have 2 rides in my trailforks app recording history that won't upload to trailforks.com. All the rides before these uploaded fine and one ride after have uploaded fine. There are just 2 that won't upload. I have tried for 2 weeks to upload over wife, over data line, updating the app, rebooting the phone, etc... The rides show a yellow circle with a white arrow pointing up instead of the green circle with a white check indicating success. I have the double refresh arrows as well to try uploading again. Every time I try the refresh it flashes "uploading" and then goes back to the normal screen without success. If it makes a difference these were really long rides (17 hours over 70 miles = Day 1 and 2 of the Arizona Trail Ride) so they are probably larger logs than typical. My 17 hour 50 mile ride (Day 3 of the Arizona Trail) uploaded successful but not Day 1 and Day 2. Needless to say it was one of the hardest things I have ever done and would hate to not have it recorded for posterity's sake :-) .

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
If you click the ride in the recording history list, does it load it on the map?

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
No, clicking the ride in the recording history does not load the ride on the map. The other rides that uploaded successfully do show on the map when I click on them.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
Does it popup with an error dialog about there being no points?

Unfortunately if it doesn't load anything on the map, then it seems it does not have the recorded gps points in the apps local database table. So it could be it actually didn't record anything. Do you recall if when you finished your ride, you could see your recorded ride on the map as the pink line? Before going to the save ride dialog?

I've had reports that on iPhone when you start recording a ride, if you do not wait until the bottom black bar says your gps is ready, before turning off your screen and starting the ride. It won't record. Should wait until the GPS gets a good fix and the black bar starts showing your elapsed time and the red "cancel" button changes to "stop".

I'm going to try coding in a way to debug these recorded rides in the history page, to see why the data is bad.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
Oh! I forgot I did add a small debug. Have you recorded a ride since the one that won't upload?

Also can you try pressing the yellow button on the recording history page, to force a sync of the ride. Wait 10 seconds, then goto the Help page in the app and send me a feedback email to trevor@trailforks.com
This will include some debug logging of recent events.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 20:44 Quote
I just sent you the debug info. That would be a bummer if it did not record, but ok. It does show 75.3 miles on one day missing and 76 miles on the other day missing, so hopefully it recorded some points as that is pretty accurate on my distance. On my recorded history it shows Day 3 51.2 miles uploaded successfully so yes I have one ride since the 2 not uploading that did upload successful. The 2 not uploading are Day 1 at 76 miles and Day 2 at 75.3 miles. Day 3 at 51.2 miles did upload. Thanks for your help.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
Any update? Is there any hope to get these rides in trailforks? Thanks

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004920
Mobile Version of Website