Whyte 429 other owners opinions upgrades

PB Forum :: Whyte Bikes
Whyte 429 other owners opinions upgrades
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 2:51 Quote
https://youtu.be/K3qTW3aQvpk

This is my Whyte 429

I’ve put a Whyte dropper post, tubeless tyres, 800 vibrocore and Sam Hill pedals

What have people don’t for other upgrades?

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Decent bike @glennmtbtrails and good upgrades fitted, nice Mate! Wink

I used to own a 2017 Whyte 605 so I'd say similar to yours except for wheel size.

Initially fitted a set of Nukeproof Electron pedals, SLX M7000 brakes along with 203/180mm Zee rotors and sintered pads. The 203mm front rotor did exceeded the max size recommended for the forks but was fine.

Bought a cheap but decent set of cartridge bearing hub wheels after my cheap sh#t, stock rear hub ate itself after only 3 months.

Replaced the headset for a Brand X sealed type along with a Truvativ Hussefelt stem coz the stock FSA headset kept getting loose.

I broke the Acera rear mech so replaced with a better Deore M592 mech.

Besides the problem parts going wrong which is common for entry level mtb's I liked my 605 and has been as reliable as a Swiss watch after I fitted the upgrades.

I put on a set of Schwalbe tyres and a brand new 3x9 Shimano drivetrain before I sold the bike to a friend. I still maintain it for him as it's now his daily commuter but all is working fine and I've not had to fix anything so far 3 years on.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004908
Mobile Version of Website