Any Tips for Directions at Intersections?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Any Tips for Directions at Intersections?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
I'm using the Trailforks app on my Garmin Fenix 6 and overall I love it. The only issue I have is trying to navigate a pre-made route where I come to intersections that I plan to do a loop on. Is there anyway to get more "arrows" or something on the plan to show the direction I intended?

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
We don't really handle the directions on the Garmin. All we do is send them a .FIT or .GPX of the route and the Garmin generates its own directions from that.

I think generating directions for tight curvy trails in the forest and mountains is not easy compared to road driving networks.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 19:30 Quote
canadaka wrote:
We don't really handle the directions on the Garmin. All we do is send them a .FIT or .GPX of the route and the Garmin generates its own directions from that.

I think generating directions for tight curvy trails in the forest and mountains is not easy compared to road driving networks.

Even when using the Trailforks app and following a Trailforks Route?

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
Yes, we are at the mercy of Garmin. All the Trailforks Garmin Connect IQ app does, is provide an interface to view and download routes/trails to your Garmin. The route is downloaded as a FIT or GPX file to the Garmin, then the Garmin loads it into it's own "Courses" system and handles it from there.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 22:01 Quote
I would love to see the trail name for upcoming trails at intersections.

As far as I can tell, at this point I have to ride far enough down the trail for my Garmin 520+ to tell me which trail I’m ‘riding on’ to know if I have chosen correctly.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 4:43 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Yes, we are at the mercy of Garmin. All the Trailforks Garmin Connect IQ app does, is provide an interface to view and download routes/trails to your Garmin. The route is downloaded as a FIT or GPX file to the Garmin, then the Garmin loads it into it's own "Courses" system and handles it from there.

Gotcha.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005432
Mobile Version of Website