A lot of Turbo Levo SL’s for sale

PB Forum :: eMTB
A lot of Turbo Levo SL’s for sale
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 5:26 Quote
So is it just me, or are there a bunch of levo SL‘s on the market already? I know that Spesh has the greatest number of bikes on the market, but after riding an SL for a day...meh compared to my regular Levo.
My impression of the bikes after having one for three years is that the motor makes the uphill‘s so much more fun. It seemed like on the levo I was in turbo all day and getting quite a work out just to keep up with my buddies on their regular E bikes.
I know it is a separate type of E bike, but unless I was trying to keep up with my much more fit friends on the trail for cross country riding, I don’t see where this bike fits into the niche, especially at that price point.
I became a convert after 30 years of riding analog mountain bikes and the big thrill for me is that I’m having a blast going up and down. Don’t get me wrong, are used to really love a nice and aerobic workout going for a 30 or 40 mile cross country ride Wayback in the day, but now I’m looking for a good time all of the time.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
phatrick704 wrote:
So is it just me, or are there a bunch of levo SL‘s on the market already? I know that Spesh has the greatest number of bikes on the market, but after riding an SL for a day...meh compared to my regular Levo.
My impression of the bikes after having one for three years is that the motor makes the uphill‘s so much more fun. It seemed like on the levo I was in turbo all day and getting quite a work out just to keep up with my buddies on their regular E bikes.
I know it is a separate type of E bike, but unless I was trying to keep up with my much more fit friends on the trail for cross country riding, I don’t see where this bike fits into the niche, especially at that price point.
I became a convert after 30 years of riding analog mountain bikes and the big thrill for me is that I’m having a blast going up and down. Don’t get me wrong, are used to really love a nice and aerobic workout going for a 30 or 40 mile cross country ride Wayback in the day, but now I’m looking for a good time all of the time.

Seems to me like the SL is like a way to get more analog riders into the e-bike realm by saying, "oh no, its not as powerful and looks VERY similar to a regular MTB, you aren't getting THAT much help". Just my take on it, some mid-market maybe they assumed could be profitable (which I'm sure it is) but I think many are assuming its just like a regular E-Bike when it isn't and maybe that's why they are selling?

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
Hey, let’s sell a e bike with a weaker motor and battery and charge the same…. Lol, anyone up for a 4 banger corvette for regular corvette money?

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
mustclime wrote:
Hey, let’s sell a e bike with a weaker motor and battery and charge the same…. Lol, anyone up for a 4 banger corvette for regular corvette money?

Have you seen the price of 912s lately?

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
mustclime wrote:

My SL is my favorite bike. Probably because its 35 lbs and freaking awesome. Sure I ride my Levo or Powerfly when I'm with a group because they will lose me on the climbs.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
Oh to have 3 diff sweet ebikes!

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
There are a ton of the new $15,000 S-works for sale in the buy/sell forum. I thought those just flew out the door?

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
I bought a full emtb last fall. 50 years old, high BP, high cholesterol and way out of shape. The bike got me hooked on riding again.

This year I researched light weight emtbs to get more mtb and less e.

The Orbea Rise crushed the Levo SL in every review I saw. More torque, better range, better components and for less money.

Specialized may have missed the mark.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
tantor wrote:
I bought a full emtb last fall. 50 years old, high BP, high cholesterol and way out of shape. The bike got me hooked on riding again.

The Orbea Rise crushed the Levo SL in every review I saw. More torque, better range, better components and for less money.

51 and bought my first emtb in 2017, welcome back to childhood brother!

I predicted emtb's would get less powerful as a whole over time and the Orbea seems like the current yardstick but my SL is 35lbs and fun as @$%#. I have a other EMTB's so I choose the one I want for the ride I want.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
tantor wrote:

Yea your so right. The Orbea might be the best emtb (for active, and skilled riders), but I know a lot of people who come to understand that specialized emtbs are extremely over hyped, and compared to many others are a bit behind in terms of REAL performance. And the fact that so many of their motors (mostly Brose) fail extremely often, few dare to pay the over prices spec offer.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
I think what I find puzzling is that many are alleged to be in new or as new condition, only ridden for a ride or two.

There are plenty of others in the same category to.

Are there really that many people buying eMTBs without actually trying them? These are seriously expensive pieces of kit and even more bizarre, often have upgrades as well.

There are plenty of places where you can hire or demo these so it raises the question "have riders simply gone out and bought them on a whim?"

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 20:32 Quote
Initially I wanted the levo SL just with the fact it was so sleek and very similar to a regular bike. Then I rode a true emtb with max power and I see no reason why I would ever settle for something with less torque and battery range.

Also I couldn’t buy a secondhand emtb. Just like I wouldn’t buy used carbon. Too many things that can go wrong with no warranty to protect you.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
nmilot92 wrote:

Also I couldn’t buy a secondhand emtb. Just like I wouldn’t buy used carbon. Too many things that can go wrong with no warranty to protect you.

SPECIALIZED WARRANTY:

If you are a subsequent owner, meaning you are the second or later owner, and not the original retail purchaser, the following applies:

2-year Warranty from the date of original retail purchase for the following Specialized-branded Products:
frames and framesets, including paint and graphics, components, equipment, shoes, helmets, and Roval wheels. This also includes cobranded suspension parts such as BRAIN equipped forks and shocks, and motors and other drive system components on electric bicycles.

Specialized-branded batteries equipped on electric bicycles: 2-year Warranty from the date of original retail purchase or up to 300 charging cycles, whichever occurs first. The batteries are designed to retain up to 75% of their original capacity during that time.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
I just bought a used 2020 Turbo Levo SL Carbon comp with gobs of upgrades and less than 9 miles of use on it for almost $2k under the price of new. It was absolutely shocking to me, It has a fox 38 on it because it was "pretty".

One of the major selling points (from the seller) was it had never been dropped. It has now!

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
I can definitely see why people might like the more powerful ebikes, especially if you are getting older or have health issues but for most isn't something like the SL enough? I tried an e bike a couple times, it was fun accelerating on flat having the bike pull you in turbo mode, up to 25kmh anyway but the thing with the hills is, it doesn't just reduce the effort....it makes them bloody easy, those full blown e bikes you literally just turn the crank a quarter turn and the motor kicks in and sends you. I can get up most hills ok on my normal bike with oval ring but full powered e bikes feel like you almost don't have to put any leg effort in at all, you are more just using the cranks as a way to mitigate having a throttle. Due to their weight they feel great on small bumps and feel stable at low speeds rolling over large obstacles, but the problem is when you are going fast, that weight then becomes a hinderance, they become much harder to throw around and have significantly less agility than a normal bike at all speeds, the suspension benefits diminish the faster you go and past 25kmh they are a nightmare to accelerate by leg power alone.
This is why I see a market for the smaller motor lighter ones, much less mass so they ride more closely to a normal bike. I haven't tried one, but given how ridiculously easy normal e bikes make getting up hill I would have thought even with half the power it should still be an absolute doddle. I did try a bike with the e8000 so maybe that acts more on off than a lot of e bikes, but I honestly didn't feel like my leg power input was neccessary at all, you just turn the cranks then the motor jolts you forwards and does all the work, so given how much more damn easy normal e bikes are to accelerate than regular bikes I still would have thought a bike like the SL will still have plenty of juice. I mean we have people here complaining the Kenevo SL or lighter e bikes don't have enough power, compared to what? Because compared to a regular bike it is stilll massively more easy. What will happen is they will bring out even more powerful normal e eikes then everyone will say oh the old ones are not powerful enough, the new ones are better, even though in reality the current ones already make it 20% the effort of a regular bikes. I find it ridiculous when I read articles that say terms like, 'help', 'assist', 'could do with more power' etc.... Come on, they aren't assisting anything in turbo mode... you are assisting it, the motor is doing the majority of the work getting up that hill.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011671
Mobile Version of Website