A lot of Turbo Levo SL’s for sale

PB Forum :: eMTB
A lot of Turbo Levo SL’s for sale
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 19:20 Quote
I rented a Turbo Levo SL in Bentonville AR, and I had its motor failing on me at the beginning of the ride, at the trailhead of the little sugar trail. Then I called the rental company, and they brought me a second one. I rode it in the parking lot and it seemed fine. I said "seemed" right? I guess you have already guessed. Its motor failed on me again. Interesting enough is that this trail starts with a huge climb, and I made it all the way up the hill. The bike was too light, and I was too fresh, that I didn't even notice it was putting any assisting power out. Well, I have tried the Trek Rail the year before and I loved it, but the power output is just crazy, if you just put a little pressure on the pedal, the bike starts rolling. Then I said, this bike is too weak compared to the Rail, but no. The bike wasn't working at all. I called the company and they tried me to do a reset in the woods. Nothing worked. I had to descend and meet with the rental guys again. I told them, I am done with this, it's been a good 2 hours and I haven't done any riding, just swapping bikes. Guess what, they brought me a Turbo Levo S-works. Oh boy, I really want to try it, but I was so frustrated and upset. They told me they would give me a good discount because I had the bike rented for 2 days. So I hopped on the bike and there I headed to the trail. 3 bikes, 3 trials. I AM NOT KIDDING, THE S-WORKS FAILED TOO! I can send the text messages I sent to my friend at the time, if you don't believe me. Yes, this is unbelievable. Well, they made me do the reset again, I did and the bike worked. And it worked for the whole day. But the most unbelievable part is that I kept the bike for the second day since I couldn't find any other place in Bentonville that had a bike available for rental that day. Now the imaginable, they did not honor their discount, since the bike worked for the "two days". What a hassle! And I paid even insurance on top of it. A pity the insurance does not cover those hassles.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 0:15 Quote
I've just bought a Kenevo SL.....they guy had ridden in 3 times, had less than 40 miles on it. As you say, in the UK the SL's sit around Vs full fat bike.

Having now ridden both, agree with the comments about SL bike limitations when the hills get steeper......not too far off like riding a normal bike Vs full fat, which just fly by. For me this is ok, it means I can ride it more than my Enduro before I'm done, but still trying pretty hard - legs get similarly tired, but upper body is more tired as much more descending. But if you want good uphill performance noticeably beyond an acoustic bike, don't buy an SL

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
JasenK wrote:
I've just bought a Kenevo SL.....they guy had ridden in 3 times, had less than 40 miles on it. As you say, in the UK the SL's sit around Vs full fat bike.

Having now ridden both, agree with the comments about SL bike limitations when the hills get steeper......not too far off like riding a normal bike Vs full fat, which just fly by. For me this is ok, it means I can ride it more than my Enduro before I'm done, but still trying pretty hard - legs get similarly tired, but upper body is more tired as much more descending. But if you want good uphill performance noticeably beyond an acoustic bike, don't buy an SL

After trying both a Turbo Levo SL and Turbo Levo the difference was very noticeable between the 2 bikes. I ended up going with the Turbo Levo for the extra grunt on the climbs as well as the higher battery capacity. I was a decent change going from my standard bike to this but it didn't take me long to get used to the weight and get back to my regular riding style on the trials. Being able to adjust the power output in each mode has also allowed me to get the bike set up to where I am still getting a good workout in when pedaling and not be so tired on the downs.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005697
Mobile Version of Website