My frame just cracked... help! I'm looking for ANY 27.5 plus frame that can bring by bike back to life! #addicted

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
My frame just cracked... help! I'm looking for ANY 27.5 plus frame that can bring by bike back to life! #addicted
Previous Page | Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
Hi PB community! I need some help. The frame on my beloved Giant Trance Advanced 1 27.5 just cracked and Giant does not have any crash replacement frames available. Someday, I'll buy a new 29er but for now I need to harvest my components and get back on the trail.

This is the exact bike. Just about everything has been replaced over the past 6 years of shredding, including the addition of a Fox 36 Fit4160mm front fork and DPX2 rear shock.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-advanced-27dot5-1-2015

I know I need a 27.5 inch BOOST frame and likely a new rear wheel (I think the axle size on the Giant was not widely used or has been discontinued?)I'd really appreciate any help. Doesn't make sense to me to drop 2-3k on a super fancy frame - some advice I've heard is "buy a Yeti SB130 frame, it will be awesome." While true, I'm looking to get back on the trail while continuing to save for a new 29er that will become my best friend for the next 6 years.

Thanks!

Best, Mike
818-371-1827

O+
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
Looks like from the specs that frame has a non boost rear axle (142x12) which was widely used but has been discontinued. I can't say whether the fork is boost or non boost but it is most likely non boost (100x15) but obviously you are covered as you still have the front wheel.

There should be lots of frames on the used market, some cheaper ones I have seen with interchangable dropouts are the pole evolink 160 and 180 frames.

Good luck anyway.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008457
Mobile Version of Website