Trailforks App on Android

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks App on Android
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
Hey Trailforks

I have an Android phone where storage is an issue.

I often need to go into my apps and "Clear Data" to free up space. The Trailforks app is my largest memory user at 478MB.

Any suggestions on how to reduce the phone's storage use?

If i clear data i presume all my ride history etc is stored on "the cloud" and that I'll just need to re-log in to the app?

Any help appreciated.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
Not a fix for your situation, but have you looked at what is using all the storage? Apps are usually very small compared to other things like photos. I know guys who are constantly taking pictures (and little videos) and then complaining that they have no room on their phone. We open up the storage and behold: photos are hogging GIGABYTES of storage because they've taken pictures and videos of literally everything forever and don't know how to download the photos to a computer and delete off the phone.
Just a thought that may assist.
Good luck.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
Cheers. Yep all photos on the SD Card... all the apps on the phone.

I do admit I have a crap phone... but does what I need I'm just hoping to reduce the Trailforks usage.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
There is nothing really stored in the app that would be lost. Unless you had a ridelog not synced yet. Otherwise everything is stored and synced to the TF servers.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 0:12 Quote
canadaka wrote:
There is nothing really stored in the app that would be lost. Unless you had a ridelog not synced yet. Otherwise everything is stored and synced to the TF servers.

Thanks. I hit clear data then re logged in. Had to download my local region again... no problem.

App is slowly growing in size again.... does it cache (i think that's the right word) the maps or something as you scroll around?

Would be good on Android for the app to only store what it needs to to stop it bloating out.

Also would be good if it was able to be moved to SD card.

Anyway - all in all great app.... probably my POS phone that's more to blame

Mod Plus
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
The map does cache tiles as you pan and zoom around, this is default behavior of the Mapbox SDK. We could create a button to clear the Mapbox cache.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005530
Mobile Version of Website