Hope Pro4 Hub to 20mm x 110mm spacers?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hope Pro4 Hub to 20mm x 110mm spacers?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 18:44 Quote
Hello all,

I'm building new wheels to facilitate a fork swap on my 2020 Haro Steel Reserve 1.2. I'm limited to the Manitou Circus Expert or Fox Float 36, for the most part, as this frame has a straight steerer head tube. I couldn't find the Fox in stock anywhere, for a while, so I bought the Circus Expert. So, time to upgrade wheels. I bought two Spank Spoon 32 rims, some Sapin spokes and Hope Pro4 hubs.

The Hope Pro4 hub that was advertised as 20mm x 110mm was not available in orange... anywhere. So, I ordered the regular Hope Pro4. Right in the description, it states that it can be run in a 20x110mm configuration. So, what spacer kit do I need? I cannot find anything online. Everything is ordered. This is the last bit that I need to get these wheels built up and ready to run on my bike.

Thanks much for any help!

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
Here is the front hub that I ordered:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/us/en/hope-pro-4-front-bike-hub/rp-prod145292?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OrderDispatch&utm_content=US

This way, if I do go to the Fox Float 36 later, I'll already be setup to use the same wheel I that fork!

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
In the description, it states that it will come set up for a 15x100mm thru axle, but that it is "Convertable to Quick Release (QR) x100mm, 12x100mm 15x110mm (Boost) and 20x110mm with separately sold end caps". So, trying to locate the appropriate end caps to run with my 20mm x 110mm thru axle.

Thanks much!

Nik

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/hope-pro-2-front-conversion-kit-20mm-/rp-prod10237

i believe this is what you want if you arent using a boost spaced fork
the name says pro 2, but the details says works with pro 4, and other adapters seem to be used on both those hubs so i think its compatible

you could email hope to confirm the part numbers, they are usually pretty helpful with customer service

heres another place to get them that is local to me and also shows i believe the same pro 2 spacers working on the pro 4

https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=7209

Pro2/Pro2 Evo/Pro 4 Front 20mm Thru Axle End Caps
Hope Hub Conversion Kits - Pro2/Pro2 Evo/Pro 4 Front 20mm Thru Axle End Caps
Converts hub to 20x110mm Thru Axle
Our Item #7209-15308
Mfg #:HUB420
EAN:5055168021713
Other #s:
HU1798
HT5839

nice choice on fork (i actually prefer the circus expert over fox) and wheel parts, you will love the new build when all done

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
Thanks for taking the time to respond! I was thinking that the spacer kit listed for the Pro2 would also work. So, I went ahead and ordered that. My Sapim spokes and nipples are here,, my Hope hubs will be here in a couple days and I'll just be waiting on my Spank Spoon rims to show up, then I can have the LBS lace them up for me! I'm excited! In the mean time, I had a random thought. I realized that I have a down hill/freebie bike with a 20m x 110mm front axle. So, I was able to pillage the front wheel off that bike in the interim and put my Billy Bonkers tire on it and got my bike in service with the new fork! Stoked to go ride it now!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008992
Mobile Version of Website