Will ship within xxx Only - Why?

PB Forum :: Beginners
Will ship within xxx Only - Why?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 0:16 Quote
Hello Dud and Dudetts,

Just curious as to why some sellers will only ship within a country/continent, if the buyer is paying for post/packaging.

I've seen a couple of items I've been tempted by, but who have a local postal restriction, is it considered bad form if I try to offer them an extra few $'s to ship abroad.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
I suppose it's a lot of hassle for the seller, considering it's probably easy at the moment to sell the bike locally, what with the lack of bikes available new.

Why bother with all that hassle when you know you could advertise locally and have the buyer pick it up? It's a seller's market.....

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
SkateFaster wrote:
I suppose it's a lot of hassle for the seller, considering it's probably easy at the moment to sell the bike locally, what with the lack of bikes available new.

Why bother with all that hassle when you know you could advertise locally and have the buyer pick it up? It's a seller's market.....

Cheers for you reply, I like a hassle free life Smile . But the ones I was wondering about were the ones who say "will post in continent only". If you're going to the post office to post it locally, why not internationally, should be the same hassle.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
I've wondered the same thing! If you ate already going to Box it up to ship, on my dime, why do you care what address is typed into the computer at the shipping carrier? Seems very odd to me. If you're confident enough in the sale to ship it, when does the destination being on your home soil offer any additional security?

I've often wondered if folks just click that box because it sounds/looks good? I guess that you could contact the seller, get information that you would need, then ask them to ship to you. I would be quite surprised if there were as many folks that really cared, as represented in the classifieds. Good luck!

Nik

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005693
Mobile Version of Website