Stay with Cannondale, or try something else?

PB Forum :: Cannondale
Stay with Cannondale, or try something else?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 2, 2021 at 1:51 Quote
In 2012 I bought the Flash 29'r 2, Alloy. In 2018, the welds on at the top bar to seat tube were cracking. Brought it to the dealer and the best Cannondale would do was 20% off the cost of the frame of a new bike purchase. They said the Flash 29'r components were outdated and they could not replace the frame as a like for like, so I had to buy a new bike at 20% off the value of the Frame (not even 20% off the entire bike).

In June of 2018, I bought the 2017 Habit 2 brand new. Two weeks ago (April 2021), the bottom right arm of the rear triangle straight broke in half while on an intermediate trail ride. I live in Georgia, north of Atlanta and ride intermediate and advanced trails. The bike is not even 3 years old. 2nd cannondale and it's broken again.

What should I expect from Cannondale this time? 20% off the frame value of a new purchase? 20% off a new bike? Rear Triangle replacement? Post your Guess!!! It is with a local dealer now for one week and we are waiting to hear from Cannondale still. I will post what they come back with.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 3:09 Quote
After two weeks of waiting to hear from Cannondale and the local dealer, I heard back this weekend. And the news was better than expected. A box arrived at the dealers store on Friday a brand new replacement frame and rear triangle. I must say I greatly relieved and appreciative of Cannondale. In my my it was the right thing to do and they came through.

Thank you Cannondale!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008337
Mobile Version of Website