Anyone with YT eBikes Can Share Longterm Experiences?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Anyone with YT eBikes Can Share Longterm Experiences?
Previous Page |
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
I'm interested in hearing personal longterm (1 year+) experiences with their YT ebikes. I'm specifically interested in the Decoy Shred but with all the reviews of poor customer service, parts and frames failures, paint issues, I wanted to hear from those that have had good (or not so good luck).

Tell us what you've got and how its been, please.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
I've had my Decoy for just over a year now and love it. I have just under 950 miles on the e8000 motor, no problems so far after washing it with a hose( just not spray the motor with hose tho) and riding in all winter.

Only small issue I had was to clean and re-greased the e13 hub in the rear wheel.

I would wait on buying one now as I think YT are going to release there new 2021 Decoys out soonish.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 4:26 Quote
cyronn wrote:
I've had my Decoy for just over a year now and love it. I have just under 950 miles on the e8000 motor, no problems so far after washing it with a hose( just not spray the motor with hose tho) and riding in all winter.

Only small issue I had was to clean and re-greased the e13 hub in the rear wheel.

I would wait on buying one now as I think YT are going to release there new 2021 Decoys out soonish.

Good to hear all is well. And good advice on the newer rigs. No choice but to wait since supply is zero.

How about the plushness? What other suspension designs have you ridden for comparison?

Posted: May 22, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
I have a 2019 Decoy Base with almost 4000 miles on it.

So far the motor and battery have been bullet proof.
No issues with the frame at all so far. All cosmetic issues are from hard riding.

Most problems I have had have been drivetrain related. Mainly eating up the small rings on the cassettes. After blowing through a ton of 11 speed drivetrains I've upgraded to Shimano 12 speed after reading that it's a stronger drivetrain. So far it's held up considerably better.

Obviously with an ebike you really have to be careful shifting under load, so a lot of my cassette issues were my own fault. Also keep an eye on your chain stretch. They wear fast.

I've upgraded pretty much everything on the bike by the way. Currently running a Fox 38 180 travel and an X2 out back. This is what this bike needed from day 1. Rides like a dream.

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
carters75 wrote:
I've upgraded pretty much everything on the bike by the way. Currently running a Fox 38 180 travel and an X2 out back. This is what this bike needed from day 1. Rides like a dream.

Yep, just did this on my Jeffsy, made an immense difference. The V4L needs a very linear shock. X2, Topaz, get close for air shocks. I recommend those, or coil

Posted: May 24, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
I have a 2017 Jeffsy 27 CF Pro and a 2018 Capra AL 27.

Both bikes are in great shape and I upgraded them over time.
My Jeffsy in XL weights now 12,8 kg with 160mm of travel. It's a super fun, poppy light trail bike and my favorite bike.

My Capra is an XXL and I almost only ride bike park with it. 180mm travel with a DVO coil shock.
Weights 15,3 kg

But if the rear triangle on my Capra ever brakes I will buy a bike frame from another brand and swap the parts over.

Posted: May 24, 2021 at 19:47 Quote
I have a 2020 Shred. I ride it pretty hard. Zero issues. Love it, wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier.

I hope the new batteries come out soon.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 4:38 Quote
Canyon93108 wrote:
I have a 2020 Shred. I ride it pretty hard. Zero issues. Love it, wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier.

Have you ridden other 4-bar linkage bikes like VPP or DW link? I’m wondering how plush the YT is

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
Canyon93108 wrote:

Good luck with that. I've been waiting since launch. I bit the bullet last year and bought a spare 540.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
holytrails wrote:
Canyon93108 wrote:

Have you ridden other 4-bar linkage bikes like VPP or DW link? I’m wondering how plush the YT is

I have a Fox X2 and 38 on my Decoy and it's very plush. I also have an Intense Primer with the JS Tuned suspension. I mean it's a drastically different feeling bike with the light weight and a Fox 34 and DPX2, but I feel like the Decoy suspension is on par to how that suspension feels plushness wise generally speaking.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 14:57 Quote
carters75 wrote:
Canyon93108 wrote:

Good luck with that. I've been waiting since launch. I bit the bullet last year and bought a spare 540.

My "regular" mtb is a Ibis Ripmo AF with DW link (DVO fork and shock). I find the Ibis to be much more plush than the YT, but I'm happy with both. The fox 38 on the Decoy is far from plush, in my opinion. I've never been that happy with it, but will continue to roll with it as it is still good.

The Decoy is the shit, I can not recommend it enough.

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
Canyon93108 wrote:
carters75 wrote:
Canyon93108 wrote:

My "regular" mtb is a Ibis Ripmo AF with DW link (DVO fork and shock). I find the Ibis to be much more plush than the YT, but I'm happy with both. The fox 38 on the Decoy is far from plush, in my opinion. I've never been that happy with it, but will continue to roll with it as it is still good.

The Decoy is the shit, I can not recommend it enough.

Good to hear these comparisons. It’s hard to beat proven DW and VPP suspension linkage designs.

Interesting that you’re not finding the Fox 38 very plush. Personally I prefer Rockshox products but have not ridden either the Fox 38 or the Zeb

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 11:00 Quote

The Decoy is the shit, I can not recommend it enough. like a hybrid bike

Posted: May 30, 2021 at 2:49 Quote
Alexa111 wrote:

The Decoy is the shit, I can not recommend it enough. like a hybrid bike

Glad you're liking it. I'm just very afraid of their service reputation, or lack of.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 0:47 Quote
carters75 wrote:
I have a 2019 Decoy Base with almost 4000 miles on it.

So far the motor and battery have been bullet proof.
No issues with the frame at all so far. All cosmetic issues are from hard riding.

Most problems I have had have been drivetrain related. Mainly eating up the small rings on the cassettes. After blowing through a ton of 11 speed drivetrains I've upgraded to Shimano 12 speed after reading that it's a stronger drivetrain. So far it's held up considerably better.

Obviously with an ebike you really have to be careful shifting under load, so a lot of my cassette issues were my own fault. Also keep an eye on your chain stretch. They wear fast.

4000 miles!, and then some I imagine, way to get after it.
I also have a 2019 Decoy Base. My bike’s assist cuts out at approx 16 mph. I was on a 2020 Decoy Shred recently and it was cutting out at approx 19.5 mph. The extra boost made a huge difference. What speed does your bike cut out at?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006148
Mobile Version of Website