Super enduro vs DH decision

PB Forum :: Downhill
Super enduro vs DH decision
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
hi all!

how many of you have decided to get with a super enduro bike (180mm-190mm) over a conventional DH bike in recent times?

Ive ridden bikes for a very long time and it seems these 180-190 travel super enduros are making it harder and harder to justify a full DH bike for anything other than racing. I understand the stability and stiffness achieved with a dual crown and also a true DH rig like the Supreme is going to be much plusher....but for the 90% of us that are not DH racers, these Super Enduros are very tempting...Ive been on the hunt for a new DH bike for about a year now (you probably have seen my other posts) but bikes like the Propain Spindrift with 190mm out front are something that's really got my mind.

more of just an open conversation starter than anything

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Long travel enduros have most definitely taken up more than just middle ground in the the dh world ! I am seeing less and less dual crown forks at the resorts(lift access parks) and a lot more enduros! With that being said I absolutely love my dh bike and ride my best most confident self on it compared to any other genre of bike and it is the only bike I own (out of funds for more bikes) but would absolutely like something almost as capable with a little more trail manners for when the parks are closed ! If you like trails and park super enduros! If you can afford have one of each why not lol

Here's another thing to think about.
If you have a trail bike and a dh bike vs a trail bike and super enduoro

With the super enduro you might ride it on some of the harder trails you get your trail bike on (trails that would be a hell no for a dh bike) and as a result get more use/seat time/familiarity with the super enduro.

on a dh track i dont think anything will be better then a clasic dh rig

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
Robdog1 wrote:
on a dh track i dont think anything will be better then a clasic dh rig

+1. On a pure DH track the Dual Crowns will always give you much more stability and control then any Single Crown.

Posted: 11 hours ago Quote
I keep coming back to a 180 travel 27.5 enduro bike with a dual crown

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005075
Mobile Version of Website