2012 Giant Reign 1 Fork

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 21:55 Quote
I'm looking at replacing my 26" rockshox fork for a 27.5" fork. What is the size? I know its 150mm

For example is it 15x110mm 46mm? Or what is it? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 23:10 Quote
If you plan to use your existing wheel, the axle diameter is 15 mm and the hub width ("over locknut dimension", or OLD) is 100 mm. Don't worry about the 46 mm dimension, which is the offset. Your 26" fork probably had around 40 mm of offset, so try to go as low as possible with the 27.5" fork, but don't let it keep you from picking up a good deal.

Ideally, the new fork will have the same brake mount as your existing fork. If not, adapters are available to go between almost any combination of fork mount and caliper type.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
If you plan to use your existing wheel, the axle diameter is 15 mm and the hub width ("over locknut dimension", or OLD) is 100 mm. Don't worry about the 46 mm dimension, which is the offset. Your 26" fork probably had around 40 mm of offset, so try to go as low as possible with the 27.5" fork, but don't let it keep you from picking up a good deal.

Ideally, the new fork will have the same brake mount as your existing fork. If not, adapters are available to go between almost any combination of fork mount and caliper type.

Thanks!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004368
Mobile Version of Website