What all do you wear when riding lifts?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What all do you wear when riding lifts?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 7:16 Quote
Curious how much or how little protection you guys wear when riding at the resorts?

I own the following for moto, but not sure if It will feel overkill for riding my enduro bike at Mammoth this summer:

Alpine stars chest and back protector
Leatt Neck protector
Full face
Elbow pads
I have both knee pads and knee braces for moto

What kind of clothing do you prefer? Full on DH kit, jeans & tshirt, or just “regular” riding clothes (like TLD Skyline stuff).

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 15:26 Quote
I wear blue jeans, t shirt, knee pads and a leatt.
Full face is required at most parks around me.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Wear the most protection you feel comfortable with. If that means a full moto get-up, so be it.

For me, that's MTB-specific knee pads (but moto ones are acceptable,) long-sleeve jersey, full face helmet & goggles, gloves. (I wear MTB shorts, not full-length pants.)
I wear a full chest protector on my MX bike, but that is mostly to survive a footpeg or handlebar to the sternum or spine. Since the bicycle weighs so much less, I'm not too concerned with a protector at the park.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 19:04 Quote
I wear knee pads and a troy lee hot weather armor shirt, 3/4 sleeve jersey, mtb shorts and a full face. lots of protection but still breathable and relatively cool for running laps all day

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
I like wearing dh pants and longsleeve jersey, with chest protector underneath, elbow and knee protection. it gets hot while in the chair but is fine while going down Smile

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
Whatever I have thats baggy and clean/somewhat clean.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
For parks I have ridden before I go with 3/4 Endura Shorts
Soft shell knee protectors
T shirt

If it’s a new location to me I will swap in some elbow pads and sometimes a soft back protector.

Usually I find taking a few slow runs at first keeps me safer than going flat out fully kitted.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
Wear whatever feels right for what you're doing and prepares you for the accident that may happen.
At the DH park I wear full face, elbows, knees/shin (hard), full finger gloves, hip pad shorts, moto pants and long sleeves. Moto pants look a little excessive, but I know I'm going to crash at least once and those pants have saved me from picking grit out of my legs and let me laugh it off.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
When riding lifts I usually wear full face long sleeve elbow pads knee pads and pants. Maybe even chest protector. I have so many bad crashes so I'm kind of just done getting and would rather wear all the gear.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 20:58 Quote
jasonmtbshredder wrote:
When riding lifts I usually wear full face long sleeve elbow pads knee pads and pants. Maybe even chest protector. I have so many bad crashes so I'm kind of just done getting and would rather wear all the gear.

The metal plate in my elbow can confirm that rocks are hard. I don't have a chest protector ATM but always wear my back protector. Everyone crashes and as you get better the crashes become less frequent but much much larger in severity.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006761
Mobile Version of Website