Pinkbike review of Trance X 3 is all wrong

PB Forum :: Giant
Pinkbike review of Trance X 3 is all wrong
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
How could they be backwards on this review? Did Giant stop advertising with Pinkbike?

The Trance X comes alive at high speed and feels sluggish at slow speed due to its long and slack geometry.

I got no squeaks or rattles. Test fleet of one.

There are other inconsistencies. What do you say?

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ26m1q2Tc&feature=emb_imp_woyt

The review is on the home page and video of it above.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
I think the bike would've benefitted by them reviewing the 2 model rather than the 3. Better drivetrain, much better fork, etc. They seemed to really harp on the Rockshox 35 fork in particular and seemed like it held the bike back in their eyes.

It may currently be out of the "budget" range of the test but when the X 2 first released it had the same MSRP as the Ripley AF.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
WY228 wrote:
I think the bike would've benefitted by them reviewing the 2 model rather than the 3. Better drivetrain, much better fork, etc. They seemed to really harp on the Rockshox 35 fork in particular and seemed like it held the bike back in their eyes.

It may currently be out of the "budget" range of the test but when the X 2 first released it had the same MSRP as the Ripley AF.

I agree the X2 is a near perfect bike from the factory. Upgrades not needed and performance is there.

If they wanted low end they could have reviewed the Stance, which would have a better spec. But they wouldn’t have been able to crap on it as much. Same if they reviewed the Trance. The Ripley AF has the same travel as the Trance and is close to the others as well.

Some politics going on in this review.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 23:14 Quote
Listen to the Pinkbike podcast commentary on the Trance X3 field test here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/pinkbike-podcast-episode-59-value-bike-field-trip-surprises-and-spoilers.html
At around 60-64min they discuss the Trance X3.
That RS fork would be a deal breaker for me.
I ride the X2 version.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
Snake-Plisskin wrote:
WY228 wrote:

I agree the X2 is a near perfect bike from the factory. Upgrades not needed and performance is there.

If they wanted low end they could have reviewed the Stance, which would have a better spec. But they wouldn’t have been able to crap on it as much. Same if they reviewed the Trance. The Ripley AF has the same travel as the Trance and is close to the others as well.

Some politics going on in this review.

They did the Stance recently, it suffers from its non-maestro suspension platform. And the Trance X is the new bike, the Trance is three seasons old.

I don't disagree that they did the Trance X dirty, but they're not gonna review the Stance and Trance again. Just relisten to the bias Podcast. Giant isn't cool/niche so the argument is how different is that lens its being judged through?

Posted: May 29, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
The 2 build has been the sweet spot with the Trance for a while. I say that, but wish my shop had the Advanced Pro 1 only because I am a Shimano fan. I wish Giant spec'd SLX like on my old Advanced 2.

And I also agree that this bike comes alive at speed. But that is typical of heavier bikes. Yeah, the X is heavier than the 27.5 Trance. I have to work much harder at slow speed maneuvers. The + side, I can monster truck over stuff I might not have cleared on my 27.5. But the rider input is less fun than the 27.5. The 27.5 rewards rider skill. The 29X is the honey badger. It don't give... Smile

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005251
Mobile Version of Website