need advice on wether to get a new bike, please read, thanks!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
need advice on wether to get a new bike, please read, thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 3:42 Quote
Let your mother buy it for you. But take it seriously.
Take care of it, maintain it, respect it, make her proud of the responsible way you ride and manage your stuff.
Progress at your own speed.
Do not try to show off, to impress or to follow someone else if you do not have the skills to do so (yet).
Work hard and see the efforts pay off.
Have fun Smile

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Take care of it, maintain it, respect it, make her proud of the responsible way you ride and manage your stuff.
Do not try to show off, to impress or to follow someone else if you do not have the skills to do so (yet).
Have fun Smile
This.
And i would add: use the bike. She will be happier with the purchase if it doesnt gather dust in a corner.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
As above, its great your mom is willing to help with your interests. My parents thought I was crazy when I hoped they would help me buy a bike more than a hundred bucks, so BMX it was for most of my young life before I worked. lol

Something to consider is that a good dual boinger will take you places, but a hardtail will teach you a lot and a lot faster. The things you're talking about being uncomfortable with jumping and dead sailoring isn't as much a bike thing but a skills and comfort thing; you'll get past it, it just takes time and reps and a hardtail is probably the best way to progress.

If you ask me, get the Reign, but don't let it become a crutch or your hardtail collect dust, its an amazing teaching tool.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Rikduk wrote:
TibZ wrote:
Have fun Smile
This.
And i would add: use the bike. She will be happier with the purchase if it doesnt gather dust in a corner.

It’s been 4 months since this and i just wanted to say thank you, on my new giant reign i’ve progressed quite fast, i’ve been to this one bike park while i love called windhill twice on it and i’ve managed to send this 30ft jump that i’m really proud about, i’m progressing really quickly and having the best time of my life everytime i’m with my bike, i give it washes consistently with a safe setting that won’t ruin the seals and bearings and maintain it myself properly with a lot of sprays and tools and i ride it every weekend and occasionally after school, thanks for making that decision with me because i couldn’t be any happier despite people telling me i shouldn’t get a good bike on other forums

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006890
Mobile Version of Website