Recommend me some fast rolling summer tyres

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Recommend me some fast rolling summer tyres
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
Just got back into biking after a gap of about 10 years! things have moved on, a lot!

Anyhow I just bought myself a used YT Jeffsy Comp 29er. While I get back up to speed and fitness I will be riding mostly hard compact trails, The e13 tyres fitted to the bike are too much tyre for my current requirements and are a little draggy.

I would like something faster rolling, what would you guys recommend?

A few I have considered so far: Schwalbe racing ralph / racing ray. Goodyear escape.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
Schwalbe ralph/ray is XC combo. For Trail/AM try HD/Rock Razor.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
Continental Cross Kings would be okay.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
Ill take a look, What width would be best?

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 19:27 Quote
I use a maxis hookworm here in reno nv . I ride them on both a 29er and 26er. Have also used a surface drfter tire or conti town and country.

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 2:56 Quote
I have maxxis ikons on my bike and they’re pretty good for summer

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
If you have hardpack, loose-over-hard, and/or it’s generally dry where you ride, you can’t go wrong with Maxxis Aspen (rear) and Rekon Race (front). I’ve been riding them for over a year, and so long as I don’t hit anything muddy, I’ve yet to find a rocky trail or incline that they won’t hold on to (though you do have to know how to hold your traction up loose, steep climbs). I’m using 2.25s, and they’re super fast! 18psi front and 19psi rear, but with Cushcore XCs because my Stan's NoTubes Crest S1 rims aren’t very strong.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005063
Mobile Version of Website