Internal hose Rattle in Hightower?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Internal hose Rattle in Hightower?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
I'm getting some (what I have deduced to be) rattling from the internal routing in my 2020 Hightower - specifically in the rear triangle from the brake hose.
I hear it most on bumpy sections of trail with numerous small compressions. I've disassembled, cleaned, greased, and re-torqued everything in the linkage, replaced the stock axle with a solid bolt-on axle, and checked the seat/dropper.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
efx888 wrote:
I'm getting some (what I have deduced to be) rattling from the internal routing in my 2020 Hightower - specifically in the rear triangle from the brake hose.
I hear it most on bumpy sections of trail with numerous small compressions. I've disassembled, cleaned, greased, and re-torqued everything in the linkage, replaced the stock axle with a solid bolt-on axle, and checked the seat/dropper.

I used the Jagwire damping foam on my megatower and worked great. https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=94621

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 20:48 Quote
efx888 wrote:

There have been several people that had a rear shock making the rattle. Some were able to get it warrantied.

Posted: May 22, 2021 at 7:13 Quote
Had this on my Tallboy 4, as a quick fix i cut a bit of syringe tubing to go between the gear and brake hose under the shock with a cable tie that loops around both cables and goes inside the tubing which stopped them rattling. Both sides were rattling inside the rear triangle, on the Tallboy there's no guides i side the rear triangle. I've since got some cable foam from Chainreaction and disconnected both sides to fit the foam on the cables inside the seatstays. Both methods work, first one is much easier but looks ghetto.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007252
Mobile Version of Website