Rotors help

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Hello,

I have formula cura brakes paired with shimano rotors and i dont like the combination. I am asking what good rotors to buy ? I am looking at galfer but cant find rear rotor for it. I am thinking of mixing galfer in front brake and leave shimano in the back if it will be good combination ?

Thank you

O+
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
I don't understand this question.

There is no such thing as a front or rear rotor. You can put rotors on the front or the rear and they will work fine.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
When I was looking to possibly change rotors (while going up to 200 rear to match my front 200) I found out that the rotor thickness can make some incompatible with certain brakes.

Make sure the thickness of the rotor doesn't exceed the maximum your brake was designed for. I know, seems like a no-brainer, but I hadn't thought of that when focusing on 200 vs some that are 203 and nitpicking over spacers to mount the caliper etc.

Stuck w/the Centerlines for my CODE RSCs, but thought I'd share that in case you hadn't thought of it either.

~JSV

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 3:55 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
When I was looking to possibly change rotors (while going up to 200 rear to match my front 200) I found out that the rotor thickness can make some incompatible with certain brakes.

Make sure the thickness of the rotor doesn't exceed the maximum your brake was designed for. I know, seems like a no-brainer, but I hadn't thought of that when focusing on 200 vs some that are 203 and nitpicking over spacers to mount the caliper etc.

Stuck w/the Centerlines for my CODE RSCs, but thought I'd share that in case you hadn't thought of it either.

~JSV

Yea i actually bought original formula rotor just in case to have correct thickness.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015767
Mobile Version of Website