What are your favourite flat pedal shoes?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What are your favourite flat pedal shoes?
Previous Page |
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:52 Quote
Hi guys and gals what’s your favourite shoes for flats and experiences with others. I’ve tried some vans sk8 hi pros which are my faves but I’ve only tried 5 ten freeriders. Found the vans are abit less grippy so I can move my feet about more fivetens where like glue.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
8tom8 wrote:
Hi guys and gals what’s your favourite shoes for flats and experiences with others. I’ve tried some vans sk8 hi pros which are my faves but I’ve only tried 5 ten freeriders. Found the vans are abit less grippy so I can move my feet about more fivetens where like glue.

I ride in 510 free rider pro’s, pedals are Chromag Scarab. They grip, but I wouldn’t describe them as “glue like” and will probably get DMR vault’s next.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
I like protection from rocks and scrub so I use a high top with a barrier to debris offered by the Five Ten Trail Cross Mid Pro.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
five ten freerider contacts, but they are getting harder to find and I am down to my last two pairs.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
Five Ten Freeriders on Deity Tmac pedals is the combo for me.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
Five ten freeriders

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 18:04 Quote
5.10 freerider pros with DMR vault pedals.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 18:17 Quote
I strictly ride with Vans, particularly the Dohenys. I find them to be grippy and about as durable as Five Tens. I really like that the sole is less stiff and for some reason I can feel the pedal better.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
Absolutely love the Giro Jackets. Soles stiff as moto boots, just grippy enough to let you reposition your feet as you need on most pedals.

I think I like things most people hate when it comes to shoes.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 22:08 Quote
I have been on 5.10's for a while and they're amazing but the shape of the new ones doesn't fit my feet as well as the older model did. I'd really like to try the specialized one. The review on PB said the material on the soles was very close to every bit as good as the 510

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 4:53 Quote
Riding in the uk I have multiple pairs for different conditions
I’ve got wide feet and the latest Adidas/five tens seem narrow but I love my trail,cross mid in the dry and summer, they are like tea bags though so wet and cold in the winter. On the plus side they dry really quick and are great off the bike when building or hike a bike.
Free rider elements are good in dry winter conditions but take about a month to dry once wet and they get sodden easy.
Impact VXi / stealth were too grippy and lasted about 2 months before the soles were wrecked.
I’ve got a pair of etnies with the Michelin sole for casual rides which feel very similar to the free riders but much nicer off the bike.
Why does no-one make a proper winter flat shoe???

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
Pigglet13 wrote:
Riding in the uk I have multiple pairs for different conditions
I’ve got wide feet and the latest Adidas/five tens seem narrow but I love my trail,cross mid in the dry and summer, they are like tea bags though so wet and cold in the winter. On the plus side they dry really quick and are great off the bike when building or hike a bike.
Free rider elements are good in dry winter conditions but take about a month to dry once wet and they get sodden easy.
Impact VXi / stealth were too grippy and lasted about 2 months before the soles were wrecked.
I’ve got a pair of etnies with the Michelin sole for casual rides which feel very similar to the free riders but much nicer off the bike.
Why does no-one make a proper winter flat shoe???
that’s kinda why I asked because the vans are good and keep stuff out your shoes but arnt waterproof at all and sog easily I heard that five ten are bringing out some new winter shoes about autumn time but can’t confirm.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
8tom8 wrote:

I ride in 510 free rider pro’s, pedals are Chromag Scarab. They grip, but I wouldn’t describe them as “glue like” and will probably get DMR vault’s next.
have you tried the regular free riders if so how do they feel compared to the pros?

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
I've just got the five ten freerider DLX, good all year round shoe with loads of grip and good water résistance

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
I've used the original freeriders and the pros. The originals broke in nicely, the pros upper is bit more stiff and plastic-y and after three years on them, they still don't quite feel like they know my feet... but they do grip and offer legit protection if you hit a rock, more so than the originals. I think I'll be trying a new brand when these wear out (which they show zero signs of doing, three years in), maybe the new dakines?

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007189
Mobile Version of Website