2020 Sight A1 29” sizing

PB Forum :: Norco
2020 Sight A1 29” sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
Hej,

Fund a deal on a 2020 Sight A1 29” in size small and was thinking about it for the girlfriend. She’s 167cm (~5,5 I think?) and according to Norco she should be on a M. But that sounds large with the 455mm reach?

She’s currently on a 2016 Trek Slash 7 in virtual 18,5 (M/L) which has somewhere around 396mm reach I think. So I don’t want the new one to be way to big when also moving to 29”.

What do you guys think? Any women on Sights here that can give their 5 cents?

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
I'd say the S is better. I'm 173cm (not a woman tho) riding the M and that's perfect for me, definitely wouldn't want to go any bigger.

Also, if you're comparing to older bikes, just looking at the reach won't give you the whole picture. Seat tube angles are steeper and reaches are longer than they used to be + stems are shoter, which means that the cockpit isn't that much bigger while on the saddle.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 2:00 Quote
Thanks Flickr!
Yea I know regarding the older geo, but her current Slash also has a 30mm stem, so it’s already shortened. That plus the move to 29” will probably stretch the feeling a bit.

Choosing between this, a Intense Carbine in M or a Cube Stereo 150 actionteam in M right now. All around the same price.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 2:08 Quote
Utter wrote:
Thanks Flickr!
Yea I know regarding the older geo, but her current Slash also has a 30mm stem, so it’s already shortened. That plus the move to 29” will probably stretch the feeling a bit.

Choosing between this, a Intense Carbine in M or a Cube Stereo 150 actionteam in M right now. All around the same price.

I would give the intense a miss, old geo and expensive for value. their answer to new models was a spacer under the headtube to slacken the bike lol.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 2:30 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Utter wrote:
Thanks Flickr!

I would give the intense a miss, old geo and expensive for value. their answer to new models was a spacer under the headtube to slacken the bike lol.
Thanks for the input, yea it’s a bit old school, but €3800 for a carbon bike with that equipment is still not a bad deal imho. But I’ll check that of the list.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 3:11 Quote
The sight is a good bike with modern geo, modern sizing is a bit odd and im a fan of shorter reach bikes myself.
Technically at 6ft im at the top of the large sight and maybe onto an XL. i would never ride an XL sight. the large is already a big 29er.

Take from that what you wish but could be wise to keep her on the smaller bike.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
I'm 5'5 and I bought a small Sight C1 27. 5 and ride technical trails and I love the fit.. couldn't see riding anything bigger for where I ride.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
coleboyb wrote:
I'm 5'5 and I bought a small Sight C1 27. 5 and ride technical trails and I love the fit.. couldn't see riding anything bigger for where I ride.
Wonderful! Just ordered the A1 for her in S for a great deal, she has no idea so I hope she will like it.

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
Update: The Sight was sadly too small. But I managed to another bike for her.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
that's a bummer, glad you could get another bike in these crazy times where not many are available

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013071
Mobile Version of Website