Hip / Lumbar pack reservoir drying?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Hip / Lumbar pack reservoir drying?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
So like many people these days, I made the switch from a backpack hydration pack to a lumbar pack a few seasons ago and love the thing. The one thing I haven't figured out though is a good technique for drying out the bladder. Every hydration pack company has all sorts of gadgets for their backpacks for holding it open and upside down, but I can't find any one who has something off the shelf for the hip packs and surprisingly google searches have yielded no results.

I usually do a drinking glass upside down but it doesn't allow for good airflow and the bottom of the reservoir tends to flip down trapping water in the corners. Dumb problem but I'm hoping someone here has thought of a solution. I have a dakine hot laps with the hydrapak 2L reservoir

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
I have a Evoc with a Hydrapak bladder and what I do is put the slider top into the bladder allowing it to open up and then I hook the quick connect fitting into a clothes hanger and let it hang. Seems to work good for me. Hope that makes sense

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
I would just use a metal clothes hanger and bend to shape.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
Where I live there's so much damn chlorine in the water you'd probably be just as well off leaving it full of water.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
One tip I've read but haven't tried with hydration bladders is to store it in the freezer when empty to prevent any kind of growth.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
rig something out of plastic coathangers or similar to keep the bladder open and allow airflow?

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
maxxx wrote:
One tip I've read but haven't tried with hydration bladders is to store it in the freezer when empty to prevent any kind of growth.

This is the answer. Drain as much out of it as you can after your ride, then toss it in the freezer. Nothing gross will grow in it.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
nothing will grow in it if you hang it up to dry. I don't use them anymore, but when I did, I rinsed with hot water, some soap and hung it up. Camelbak made cleaning and hanging tools, which I used. Never had to freeze it. I ran 50/50 gatorade/water mix for years of racing motorcycles.

Also, Fixodent is good for disinfecting.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
yeah this has happened to me too I have straightened out my bag and its been fine

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007414
Mobile Version of Website