Kona Rove LTD 2021

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Rove LTD 2021
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
Hi All -

I’m building up a Kona Rove Ltd. using all of the parts from my Kona Rove st. I’m realizing the head set won’t be an even swap, since the ltd. is tapered and requires external cup on the bottom end (ec44). The oem Ltd. comes specd with an FSA no 1. / 12b / 44.

What’s my play here? Do I buy just the ec44 portion and use the upper half I already have or should I buy a whole new headset and if so what do I look for?

Many thanks!

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
Brsmnky804 wrote:
Hi All -

I’m building up a Kona Rove Ltd. using all of the parts from my Kona Rove st. I’m realizing the head set won’t be an even swap, since the ltd. is tapered and requires external cup on the bottom end (ec44). The oem Ltd. comes specd with an FSA no 1. / 12b / 44.

What’s my play here? Do I buy just the ec44 portion and use the upper half I already have or should I buy a whole new headset and if so what do I look for?

Many thanks!

All you should need is the lower cup, because those frames should be identical, you can continue to use the upper cup (EC34 by the way). FSA, Chris King, and Wolf Tooth are a few companies that still make the external lower in the EC44.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007089
Mobile Version of Website