Anyone using Five ten prime blue?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone using Five ten prime blue?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 5:37 Quote
I noticed they have a canvas upper instead of the plastic that is on the normal free rider pro. Can anyone comment on how they are in the wet?

O+
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
I just got a pair and I feel like the rubber is not as sticky as my old free riders in any conditions. I’m hoping they just need to “break in.” Does anyone know if it’s the same compound?

O+
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
A friend of mine that bike tours over in Moab recently purchased some and he said the following when I asked him..

The the compound isn't as sticky as the normal freerider pros and after thinking they'll break in, they are tighter when compared to the normal FRP.

Last time we rode he was in his old freerider pros! It's a shame because the new colours are pretty dope

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 0:12 Quote
j6y wrote:
A friend of mine that bike tours over in Moab recently purchased some and he said the following when I asked him..

The the compound isn't as sticky as the normal freerider pros and after thinking they'll break in, they are tighter when compared to the normal FRP.

Last time we rode he was in his old freerider pros! It's a shame because the new colours are pretty dope
I wonder if there’s an actual material difference in the compound or if it’s because people are comparing their broken in ones to brand new ones?

O+
Posted: May 16, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
Trialsiain wrote:
I wonder if there’s an actual material difference in the compound or if it’s because people are comparing their broken in ones to brand new ones?

He rides day in and day out for a living (new 5/10's every 6m) and his complains aren't comparing the prime blue with the original used, he's pretty much saying they aren't the same or as good as the originals new or used.

Interestingly enough a quick search on the interwebs returns the same kinda experiences

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
j6y wrote:
Trialsiain wrote:

He rides day in and day out for a living (new 5/10's every 6m) and his complains aren't comparing the prime blue with the original used, he's pretty much saying they aren't the same or as good as the originals new or used.

Interestingly enough a quick search on the interwebs returns the same kinda experiences

Okay thank you for the information. Is this the case for the new free rider pros in general or only the prime blue version?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009178
Mobile Version of Website