What tune on a RS super deluxe to a Tallboy?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
What tune on a RS super deluxe to a Tallboy?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: May 16, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
I just bought a Tallboy 4 frame with a RS Super deluxe ultimate on. Seller was not sure what tune on the shock. What tune would be good for a rider of 200 - 210lbs and with a 140mm fork?

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
I'm running a M/M on mine with a Cascade link and it's perfect. I have adjustability both ways on LSC and rebound without hitting either limit. I'm 210-215 and the compression is definitely not too heavy. I think on the L/L I'd blow through the HSC.

FL
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Sounds good Just finished building it tonight. Looking forward for the first ride tomorrow

FL
Posted: May 22, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Mine was a M M tune also. Felt good on the first ride Big Grin

FL
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
Gobstopper1 wrote:
I'm running a M/M on mine with a Cascade link and it's perfect. I have adjustability both ways on LSC and rebound without hitting either limit. I'm 210-215 and the compression is definitely not too heavy. I think on the L/L I'd blow through the HSC.

Do you use any volumespacers or gnardogs in your shock?

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
My Super Deluxe came with two volume spacers. I ran it in this configuration for 2-3 rides and wasn't getting anywhere close to full travel on normal rides and the ramp up was harsh although it felt good off the top. I dropped down to one spacer and love it, feels like there's much more travel but I'm not feeling bottom-outs or any harshness. For reference I typically don't run a lot of volume spacers in any of my suspension setups and I'm running around 275-280 psi, 2 clicks from slow on rebound and 2 clicks of LSC in the shock.

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 20:06 Quote
Hey all, silly newbie question, but who/what is MM suspension?

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 20:50 Quote
cleask wrote:
Hey all, silly newbie question, but who/what is MM suspension?

mid-mid

medium compression medium rebound, the standard out of the box tune they usually sell the shock with.

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 4:42 Quote
Thanks! I thought it was some hot tuner out there. Lolz

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013396
Mobile Version of Website