Demon full-face helmet

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
OK so I got a pretty cheap "Demon PODIUM" FULL-FACE helmet. I know it's kind of cheap, but I heard good things about them. It's actually surprisingly very well made and really nice for the price--nicer than expected.

I THOUGHT it would have an adjustable fixture in the liner like my standard helmet, but no. It's just barely barely a bit too snug. I don't want to have to return it, just thought I'd ask here, anyone know if this padding and liner will get a little "broken in" with time?

If anyone HAS one and they say no they don't, I'll just return it. I like the helmet a lot though I don't know why I thought it was adjustable?

~JSV

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 22:16 Quote
I have never had that helmet but my first full-face was by Bell and didn't have adjustments. It was a little too tight for me as well. Unfortunately, the padding didn't get looser, just more worn. I eventually upgraded to a Giro Switchblade, it fits nice but it's a bit bulky. Unfortunately, full faces are pretty pricey but if you look around for a few you'll find some pretty sweet deals.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 22:23 Quote
How about those adaptable/convertible ones, where you can remove the chin bar or snap it on for full-face, ever try one of those?

The ones I've seen that look like they're any good and have reviews that say they actually work well are just maybe a bit pricey. I guess if I were riding DH or using a full-face all the time it'd be worth the investment

~JSV

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
How about those adaptable/convertible ones, where you can remove the chin bar or snap it on for full-face, ever try one of those?

The ones I've seen that look like they're any good and have reviews that say they actually work well are just maybe a bit pricey. I guess if I were riding DH or using a full-face all the time it'd be worth the investment

~JSV

Yep! I have the Giro Switchblade. The chin bar pops off but I'm not a fan of doing so on this particular model, I always feel like I'm going to break it. That being said it's very breathable. The plus to mine is that it's DH rated so it's safe and feels secure. In my opinion, it's better to spend more money on a safe helmet because that's the most important piece of protection.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
Yeah I saw these too, the Bell, also convertible:
https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Super-Helmet-Hi-Viz-Medium/dp/B07W7W15Q7/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Giro%2BSwitchblade&qid=1621445542&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

And the one you mentioned, the switchblade, this was on my list too, another cool looking convertible
https://www.amazon.com/Giro-Switchblade-MIPS-Adult-Helmet/dp/B01LKXO1YG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Giro%2BSwitchblade&qid=1621445542&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

I think either of those are good. They're both at least under 300. The thing is I really like this Demon helmet. It's actually very impressive for the money. If there was some way to just get a tiny bit more room it would feel more comfortable. I'll try it on a few times and maybe wear if for a 1/2 hour see if it feels ok. Maybe if I keep it I'll have this one until I decide to get that switchblade or the Bell. I still have my regular open face helmet too.

Thanks for the suggestion on the switchblade tup

~JSV

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Yeah I saw these too, the Bell, also convertible:
https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Super-Helmet-Hi-Viz-Medium/dp/B07W7W15Q7/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Giro%2BSwitchblade&qid=1621445542&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

And the one you mentioned, the switchblade, this was on my list too, another cool looking convertible
https://www.amazon.com/Giro-Switchblade-MIPS-Adult-Helmet/dp/B01LKXO1YG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Giro%2BSwitchblade&qid=1621445542&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

I think either of those are good. They're both at least under 300. The thing is I really like this Demon helmet. It's actually very impressive for the money. If there was some way to just get a tiny bit more room it would feel more comfortable. I'll try it on a few times and maybe wear if for a 1/2 hour see if it feels ok. Maybe if I keep it I'll have this one until I decide to get that switchblade or the Bell. I still have my regular open face helmet too.

Thanks for the suggestion on the switchblade tup

~JSV

Bell also has the Super DH, a downhill rated convertible full face that's a direct competitor to the Giro Switchblade. I ordered one in December but am still waiting on its arrival.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004936
Mobile Version of Website