Flat pedal shoes

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Flat pedal shoes
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
I've always been a big fan of Five Tens. Perfect grip, comfortable shoe, put up with a lot of abuse, lasted a fairly decent amount of time etc. BUT-the laces always were a pain in the butt, yes one could tuck the in the elastic band near the bottom, tie them so they didn't come undone etc etc. I always wondered why they didn't put a velcro band at the top to manage that problem.
I tried Ride Concepts, but didn't feel like they were grippy enough and didn't quite fit my wide foot.
I just got a pair of Crank Brothers Stamp Speedlace Cycling Shoe and probably won't go back to Five Tens. The speedlace is easy to adjust, the velcro strap at the top tightens the shoe down so they don't feel loose by the end of the ride (a problem sometime with laces if they got wet during a ride etc). They fit my foot, the lace/velcro system makes them easy to get on/off.
YES, they are expensive, and I spent some of my tax return money on them, but-totally worth it for me to have shoes I can ride in all day!
I've only had them for a couple of rides so far, so- I will update if they start falling apart.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005154
Mobile Version of Website