Squirt noise at top of travel on new Bomber Z2

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Squirt noise at top of travel on new Bomber Z2
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
I just picked up a new Vitus Sentier 27 VR with the Marzocchi Bomber Z2 and noticed that the air leg makes a squirting/sucking/squishing noise during the first 1 cm of travel. Is this just a normal sound of the pressure equalizing?

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
That's normal. Just keep an eye out for any play between the lowers and stanchions. There's a known issue with some of these forks due to bad bushings. There should be no play at all between them. If it develops, contact CRC/wiggle and ask them to cover the cost to have it serviced. They are a very good fork for their price range!

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
Dean669 wrote:
... There's a known issue with some of these forks due to bad bushings...

I've a pair back with Fox for just that. Do you know how others got on once repaired? Hopefully just a badly assembled batch or something as mine went rattly after a few rides from new.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
Dean669 wrote:
That's normal. Just keep an eye out for any play between the lowers and stanchions. There's a known issue with some of these forks due to bad bushings. There should be no play at all between them. If it develops, contact CRC/wiggle and ask them to cover the cost to have it serviced. They are a very good fork for their price range!

it's non-serviceable. lowers should be replaced...if you can find any Frown really disappointing

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005391
Mobile Version of Website