Getting ready for your new Lithium or Tilt

PB Forum :: Canfield
Getting ready for your new Lithium or Tilt
Previous Page |
Posted: May 25, 2021 at 9:34 Quote
For those that are waiting for their new bike to come. What have you bought or scavenged to put on your new bike?

I'll go first.

Tanus tire armor
203mm rear rotor
Wolf Tooth seat dropper trigger
Frame protection tape.

What am I missing?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
Most of my drivetrain/brakes/cockpit is getting swapped over from my Balance, but new Deity stem to match the links, upgrading to EXT Era and Storia (stoked!) and Atomik Carbon hoops laced to i9 Hydras. Cool

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
E13 carbon cockpit and wheelset, Descendant carbon cranks, Deity bling, gold Formula brakes to match the links, and EXT squishy bits

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 5:32 Quote
nickers-stickers wrote:
E13 carbon cockpit and wheelset, Descendant carbon cranks, Deity bling, gold Formula brakes to match the links, and EXT squishy bits

oooooh, EXT. I went the same way. For that price it was hard not to upgrade.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 8:32 Quote

Tilt orders with expedited air shipping should be hitting doorsteps as soon as today!

Photo from our friends at Ruby Canyon Cycles in Grand Junction, CO, who came to pick up some frames from our warehouse ... now an official Canfield dealer!

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
It was a project finding everything, but I’m building up my Tilt with a 12-speed Shimano drivetrain. It was what I could find: XT shifter, SLX cranks and an XTR derailleur. 4-piston XT brakes. The chain was actually the hardest thing to find in stock. I built up a set of wheels with Shimano hubs and DT Swiss XM 481 rims. All my bikes get Selle Italia Flite saddles. I can fit a 175 dropper, so that’s what it gets.

Nothing fancy, but it all works.

I’ve got all the parts needed to build it sitting and waiting for the frame and fork to get here!

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
Government funded build :
Navy Blue King bearings
Da package
Eewing 165 powder coated black 80% gloss
Bike yoke revive 185 with triggy and squeezy
Trickstuf Piccola c41 front c21 rear
Absolute black oval
Xtr drive train
Rekon 29x2.6
Waiting for delivery from Canfield :
Frame Walter white
Helm fork
ride fast hotlines
Crampon ultimates
Saddle
Kicking myself hard for not doing expedited shipping. Thought about selling to take advantage of supply issues . Eph that, I’m jonesing to build and shred it .

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
Got my Lithium a few days ago!

MRP Hazzard
Rockshox ZEB Ultimate
SRAM Code RSC brakes w/ 200mm rotors
Shimano XT Shifter / Cassette 12sp
Shimano SLX Cranks and RD
Hope Pro4 Hubs
DT Swiss EX511 Wheels
CC 40 Headset
OneUp V2 180mm Dropper w/ KS Lever
Maxxis Ass-Guy 29x2.5 front tire
Maxxis Minion DHRII 29x2.4 rear tire
Cushcore Pro
Specialized Hinge Comp Saddle (I'm convinced this is a more comfortable saddle than any high end saddle I've owned)
Ride Alpha 40mm stem
Ride Alpha 35mm rise alloy handlebar
DMR Death Grips
Shimano BB
Shimano XT Chain

Pretty stoked on it... its at the shop now getting built. Mostly take off parts from my last build.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
I've had my new medium Tilt for about a month now (stock build from Canfield's website). Waiting for a small Tilt to arrive for the misses (should get here next month). Loving the Tilt - quick, nimble, fun!

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
Just built my Tilt up

2021 Canfield Tilt - size Large
Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate air
Cane Creek Helm MK2 (set at 150mm )
Fox dropper
eeWings cranks (165mm)
Hellbender BB
Absolute Black oval chainring
Deity TMac pedals
Industry Nine A35 stem, 32mm long
OneUp bars
Code RSC brakes
TRP rotors
XX1 AXS shifting
X01 cassette
XX1 chain
NOBL TR38 with Industry Nine Hydra
Assegai F 2.6 and R 2.5

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
Got a Raw Tilt frame on the way - Air shipping cutoff was last night (apparently extended from the original cutoff of May 31st) so hopefully soon?

Here's what I have waiting for it:

DVO Diamond D1 - Got a sweet deal on a used one, used extra budget to replace the lowers
DVO Jade X Coil
Magura MT5 HC brakes
Hunt Trail Wide wheelset
Specialized Purgatory front & rear (they were buy-one-get-one-free)
Microshift Advent X drivetrain, GX cranks
Oneup V2 dropper w/Wolftooth magura-clamp remote
SDG Radar saddle, Canfield logo
Funn Equalizer stem
Nukeproof Horizon V2 carbon bar
Pedals and Grips are still TBD, I've got some stuff laying around.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
How did it come together?

Sold my Tilt and really regret it. Built up two brand new S-Works (Stumpjumper EVO and Epic Evo). Neither of them climb as good as the CBF on the Tilt. That CBF was simply amazing!

All to say, I am about to order another Canfield, maybe a Lithium or a Balance. May do a fun 27.5 thrasher build.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
Any word from Canfield on when the next batch of Lithiums lands? The website says September. https://canfieldbikes.com/collections/lithium-long-travel-29er/products/lithium-raw-frame-frame-shock

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
cogsci wrote:
Any word from Canfield on when the next batch of Lithiums lands? The website says September. https://canfieldbikes.com/collections/lithium-long-travel-29er/products/lithium-raw-frame-frame-shock

No word on pre-orders, so I'm guessing that September estimate is a bit... optimistic. Tilt frames with air shipping were supposed to arrive "Late July" but no updates since end of June. Frown

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 23:41 Quote
Uh oh this sounds like a bit of the old Canfield Brothers operating mechanisms coming back into play… “communicate later and seldomly”

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009173
Mobile Version of Website