PB without PODs is just... meh

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
PB without PODs is just... meh
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
I just wanted to express my grief over not seeing PODs (and VODs) recently. It's been a major feature of Pinkbike since as far as I can remember and I simply cannot imagine this website going on without them.

I can clearly see that a singular photo is not worth much among all of these epic stories nowadays, but I came to appreciate it as an adult when I don't have the time to follow all of the news feed photos/videos and POD/VOD was an easily accessible, simple thing to check out.

I know how unpopular this feature has become recently, but maybe this should be an impulse to update the formula instead of removing it completely? Ex: accept only the photos from 'amateur' photographers (not from professional sessions that can be seen in the news feed anyways), keep to the photos from the previous day only and choose the one that truly stands of the crowd (taking just a default from last year's contest is an easy way to loose interest), show it in full resolution by default and limit the amount of flashy items in the background (so that it is treated in a special way, not like any other 'epic shot').

Long live the POD!

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
I really enjoyed having POD and VOD! Where has it gone? It was always a quick and great source for content.

Pinkbike could also try a weekly article of a bunch of cool photos from the previous week or something as well, if that is more manageable to their workflow.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 5:36 Quote
yeahh no more POD???

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
POD has always been a great source for wallpapers.
Even if you couldn't check out Pinkbike during work, you could have an awesome shot of bike riding pop up on your screen every time you needed to remind you of life outside work.
Sorry to see it disappear.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
Agreed. I used to check out PB every day, starting with the POD.

Without that, I haven't been here except today to see if anyone else mentioned it.

Bad idea, Pinkbike. Bring back POD.

FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
Scott bring back POD. We miss it!

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 15:40 Quote
Want POD back. Missing the thought inspiration

FL
Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 21:53 Quote
EpicStormer wrote:
Want POD back. Missing the thought inspiration
Agreed!

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 3:42 Quote
Yeah I’m the same! It’s what initially brought me to the site so many years ago and the reason I always came back! Please bring back POD!! I've been wondering where it went for ages!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011433
Mobile Version of Website