Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 27, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
I am doing a Youtube Video on how many people wear gloves Mountain Biking, whether its Sometimes, every ride, or never just let me know in the replies!

I am not trying to self promote I am just trying to get accurate information so the video is acutely informative and get facts.

If this is self promotion I am not trying to self promote and just tell me and I will take it down!

Just let me know one of the 4 things:
(please also let me know what type of rider you are and where you live)

I always wear gloves on every ride
I sometimes wear gloves
I own gloves but never/rarely wear them
I don't own gloves and never wear gloves

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
I use them every ride it gets hot out here so you need them (I also ride enduro/xc) and I'm in southern maryland

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
I wear gloves on every ride. I ride a mix of enduro/XC.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
Every ride. I have winter gloves and summer gloves.
I've left my gloves home twice and rode without them. It was scary, my index finger slipped from my brake lever right before a berm on a fast flow trail.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
Every ride no matter what.

Trail/AM/“Enduro” rider in the PNW.

Helps prevent blisters, keeps me from having to pick gravel out of my hands after a crash, and for a good solid few months of the year it’s to keep my hands from freezing/going numb.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 22:34 Quote
always, mtb or road bike.

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
Always. Either because my hands are cold, or because my hands are sweaty and slippery.

FL
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 4:35 Quote
I always ride with gloves. Enduro and Bikepark use. I don't wear them for the uphills though.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 5:27 Quote
Always every ride. It's not the end of the world if I forget them, just less comfortable.

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
Every MTB ride, sometimes on road.

I ride trails usually. When I do ride road it is usually stairs, drops, etc.

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
The only time I ever wear gloves is if I get too sweaty or its winter. Renthal ultra tacky usually takes care of things. XC to DH.

I think its a BMX habit, feels more connected to the bike.

FL
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
90%
no gloves for P'track or skate park

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
100% no glove now these days...

I've developped Eczema during covid and gloves are a huge no no for me now sadly

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
I wear them every ride, but prefer the ultra-thin type. Chromag habit is what I have now. I get some protection from branches etc, but it is almost like not wearing gloves.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Gloves every ride. Mountain, road, or even just riding with the kids to the park!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014148
Mobile Version of Website