Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?
FL
Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
Gloves in winter. No gloves in summer. I don't like having tanned arms and white hands.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 23:28 Quote
Always wear gloves. The thickness of the gloves will be dependent on the weather, though.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 11:44 Quote
I always wear gloves on every ride.

summer glove, winter gloves, lots of gloves, i give my riding buddies gloves for their birthdays;

the only down fall to some gloves, i have fairly long fingers and i'm always going to the XL, but then my palms don't fit the gloves, they are just a little loose across the hand. if i wear large i blow the fingers out fast. I need XL length with L width,

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 23:27 Quote
csvetich wrote:
summer glove, winter gloves, lots of gloves, i give my riding buddies gloves for their birthdays;

Lol I'd like to be your riding buddy. I'm a heavy user what comes to gloves. I love gloves and I think they give the final "umpf" compared to bare hand riding. No matter the weather, hot or cold. Feels like doing commando without gloves.

Gloves are love, gloves are life.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 5:50 Quote
I always wear gloves on every ride - They compliment my matching kit illness!

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
Always since my first real off-road ride back in '93 above my parent's acreage - I locked up the front wheel on a steeper loose section and over the handlebars I went with my hands and arms out. Scuffed up my hands and had my new-to-me engineer's ring slice a nice groove around my pinky finger.

These days I use full finger gloves all summer long and a more traditional padded short finger cycling glove between my polypro liner glove and my lobster mitt shells in the winter. I have a lot of trouble with glove sizing (XL really aren't XL anymore when it comes to cycling gloves) so have switched to buying light motocross gloves instead.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 18:44 Quote
natas2125 wrote:
I wear gloves on every ride summer, winter, rain or shine.

You are going to crash. You will almost always use your hands in your crash. Wear full finger gloves.

Posted: Mar 13, 2022 at 23:47 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:
I have a lot of trouble with glove sizing (XL really aren't XL anymore when it comes to cycling gloves) so have switched to buying light motocross gloves instead.

This! What is it that I feel like I need to always buy the largest size available even if I feel like my hands are quite average sized, maybe finger length is on the longer side but still. If I look at old school grandpas their hands are HUGE so wonder where ppl with actually large hands do find a suitable gloves.

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 11:19 Quote
Prefer not to but am starting to cause when you fall and cut your hands it’s not fun

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
Always, no matter the weather. Think of them as helmets for your palms.

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
I wear some golds gym gloves and they work fine. Honestly look like bike gloves.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
Yes, always. Even on my dirt jumper, I always wear gloves. There's times when I would prefer not to wear them but my hands just sweat too much.

Posted: Apr 15, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
On every ride. In fact, it feels weird to me to not wear gloves.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018650
Mobile Version of Website