kingch24 wrote:

Link isn’t working

It's here :

Smile

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 15:00 Quote
Thank you! Why is it so hard
for me to figure out?

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 15:10 Quote
The Youtube link is the third icon in from the left, insert your link there and you should be good.

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 11:33 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Nateffb wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:

Wow that's a crazy one!

I know, right!

Try going at the seattube with a flex hone. There may be a slight bur on one of the welds that the seatpost passes over and the flex of the post could cause some noises, even if it's not big enough for there to be any resistance when inserting. Ran into this on a few different bikes, although never a transition.

Found an obvious bur in the seat tube. Bad boy was casting a shadow. Went at it with a half round file. Pretty confident this is my issue, I'll know for sure after a few rides.

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
My medium alloy build came in at 38.9lb. Yikes! I had calculated it coming in around 36.5-37. Not sure where I went wrong, but oh well it rides great!

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 18:11 Quote
kingch24 wrote:
My medium alloy build came in at 38.9lb. Yikes! I had calculated it coming in around 36.5-37. Not sure where I went wrong, but oh well it rides great!

What are your specs?

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 20:25 Quote
http://https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22545685/
jaywindh wrote:
kingch24 wrote:

What are your specs?

Zeb
RS coil
GX
Code RSC w 220 HS2
Dt Swiss 511 w hydras
Cush core
Maxxis Assegai and dissector Exo+

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 22:40 Quote
mlambert223 wrote:
Marinsend wrote:
"Lagr1980" Hey guys,.. first wet long wet rides here in Finale... has anyone built a fender for the lower seatstay/bb area link ? gotta keep the small rocks/mud out that area..."

Yes, I just cut down an old one and zip ties to the seatstay. it's about 2.5x 2.5 inches or 50x50mm in size. Peeps some debris out but I'd recommend going 40mm bottom and 60mm top. About 80mm in height.

Yes, I just cut down an old one and zip ties to the seatstay. it's about 2.5x 2.5 inches or 50x50mm in size. Peeps some debris out but I'd recommend going 40mm bottom and 60mm top. About 80mm in height.

I wasn't a fan of the look of a mud guard / fender on the back but I have tried to prevent crap from getting in that gap and hopefully cover the bearing from a lot of debris too with and old inner tube.
Cut to shape with some slips for a horizontal zip tie around the seat tube and some more slits for a vertical zip tie around the seat stay brace.

Thanks, very nice, although I cannot do that one on my carbon frame.. I will try to cut one and fix to the chainstay..

[/Quote]

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 22:47 Quote
For the sake of science... a 216x63 shock with trunnion adapter does not fit...; ( ... I set the lower mount to low... used offset bushing and still the rocker hits the seat tube with the shock fully extended... I think it would not create any stress but it touches it..

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 22:54 Quote
kingch24 wrote:

My medium is at 18.2kg ️

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 23:00 Quote
Bjorn645 wrote:
kingch24 wrote:

My medium is at 18.2kg ️

They aren’t light by any means but I was hoping to keep it under 37lb. I could easily swap a few things around to achieve that though.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 10:13 Quote
Parsurf wrote:

Just got a GoPro, and first time playing with iMovie. Fear and Loaming trail in the Tillamook forest Oregon. Spent a good amount of Covid times working on this trail. Spire eats it up!

My buddy Eric was one of the builders and I feel guilty that I still haven't ridden it lol. Maybe it will stop raining someday and we can ride again lol.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
I'm thoroughly pissed at myself that I didn't get to ride F&L before I moved to Arizona. Definitely hitting it up when I come back to visit.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
Blowing it…best trail in Oregon by far.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007483
Mobile Version of Website