Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
I placed my order for an alloy frameset directly with Transition on July 8th and it was dispatched on September 1st, so that you have references to the times that are taking.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
ChuchoM wrote:
I placed my order for an alloy frameset directly with Transition on July 8th and it was dispatched on September 1st, so that you have references to the times that are taking.

I ordered before release date late May and I still don’t have mine.. I think it’s all over the board.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
mtb-michl wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm considering to swap my 2018 Smuggler AL Frame for the Spire AL.

Has anyone still the weight of an L AL frame?

Best regards

My large alloy frame arrived today on my day off. I'll weigh it tomorrow.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 0:44 Quote
That would be great, thank you Big Grin

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
mastashake wrote:
mtb-michl wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm considering to swap my 2018 Smuggler AL Frame for the Spire AL.

Has anyone still the weight of an L AL frame?

Best regards

My large alloy frame arrived today on my day off. I'll weigh it tomorrow.

Awesome I'm curious as well!

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:41 Quote
My Spire alloy large frame arrived.

It is 10 pounds 6 ounces naked with a shock only, no rear axle no headset

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
mastashake wrote:

Woo she thiccckkk lol. Thanks for the update, can't wait till I get mine.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
Anyone have sizing recommendations for someone who is 5'10"? I am currently on a large SC hightower and would consider myself an aggressive rider. Looks like according to the transition sizing guide I am closer to the medium which has 10mm less reach, 42mm less effective TT, but 25mm more wheelbase than my hightower. Typically ride more techy stuff than flow trails.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
lylerides wrote:
Anyone have sizing recommendations for someone who is 5'10"? I am currently on a large SC hightower and would consider myself an aggressive rider. Looks like according to the transition sizing guide I am closer to the medium which has 10mm less reach, 42mm less effective TT, but 25mm more wheelbase than my hightower. Typically ride more techy stuff than flow trails.

We have a Large on the floor at MJ's Cyclery in SD. Come check it out for sizing if you want.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
mastashake wrote:
lylerides wrote:

We have a Large on the floor at MJ's Cyclery in SD. Come check it out for sizing if you want.

That's good news! Hoping to make it by this weekend to check sizing before it's gone. Thanks

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
lylerides wrote:

FWIW I am 5'10" and coming off a large Scout I ordered a medium Spire. Mostly to keep the wheelbase somewhat under control for switchbacks and based quite a bit off Lee Likes Bikes' formulas for "Rider Area Distance": https://www.pinkbike.com/news/lee-mccormacks-guide-to-perfect-bike-set-up.html

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
lylerides wrote:

I am also 5'10" coming off of a large sb150 and ordered a medium as well. Longer wheelbase but slightly shorter reach I think will work well.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
bikehard11 wrote:
lylerides wrote:

I am also 5'10" coming off of a large sb150 and ordered a medium as well. Longer wheelbase but slightly shorter reach I think will work well.

I was thinking the same (I'm 5.10 with an inseam of 34") and previously rode a large Scout so with the extra wheel base and looking at the size chart I thought maybe I should go Medium.
I went to my local Transution dealer (Cycle Addicts) yesterday and found my knees too close to the bars on the medium and it felt cramped. I then swung my leg over a large and that felt just right

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 0:59 Quote
Seated climbing with the steep STA/short top tube is definitely a consideration for people downsizing. Could always put a 50mm stem and put the saddle as far back in rails as possible, although it will impact steering.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 6:01 Quote
mastashake wrote:

Thank you for the weight, seems to be the frame should be bomp proof tup

Did you chose the raw or orange one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006449
Mobile Version of Website