Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
mtb-thetown wrote:
Is that for a straight steerer downhill fork or does it work with a tapered one like a 38? Not much clear info on commencal site

You can tell it's for tapered because there's no step-down on the bottom bearing.

It's for straight steer tube. The step down is actually the crown race. Use a CC 1.5in race from the standard tapered fork.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 8:55 Quote
I never thought I'd say this but if you're in the UK and need a headset for your Tranny with 56mm cups then Superstar components make one with seals. Previous purchases of from them have felt pretty budget, but the sealing on this headset is akin to Hope headsets. And it's less than £40.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 4:41 Quote
nakeddave wrote:
I never thought I'd say this but if you're in the UK and need a headset for your Tranny with 56mm cups then Superstar components make one with seals. Previous purchases of from them have felt pretty budget, but the sealing on this headset is akin to Hope headsets. And it's less than £40.

Anything has gotta be worth a shot as this FSA is garbage in UK conditions. You got a link mate?

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/uk-made-headset-complete.htm

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 3:52 Quote
Ordered a DHX2 for my Spire. What springs are you guys running on the DHX2?
I‘m around 90 kg ready to ride.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
roQer wrote:
Ordered a DHX2 for my Spire. What springs are you guys running on the DHX2?
I‘m around 90 kg ready to ride.

84 kg running a 450lb spring and getting 27% sag. Works good almost everywhere. Just got ahold of a 425 spring and gonna give that a try when I get home from Squamish, I never feel bottom on the 450 and am wonder if the 425 gets me closer to 30% and maybe a little plusher

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 21:13 Quote
Parsurf wrote:

84 kg running a 450lb spring and getting 27% sag. Works good almost everywhere. Just got ahold of a 425 spring and gonna give that a try when I get home from Squamish, I never feel bottom on the 450 and am wonder if the 425 gets me closer to 30% and maybe a little plusher

I'm running a 500-550 Sprindex and have it set at 525 currently. Not ever feeling bottom either, but already super plush.

My riding weight is about 220lbs or 100kg

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 18:52 Quote
Anyone in the states planning on selling a carbon Spire in small? I've been waiting nine months for mine and just got pushed back to July, starting to lose my mind here!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 7:19 Quote
chazmann wrote:
Anyone in the states planning on selling a carbon Spire in small? I've been waiting nine months for mine and just got pushed back to July, starting to lose my mind here!

Keep an eye out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749780815302018

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
chazmann wrote:

Keep an eye out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749780815302018

Cheers mate, yeah been checking there too, trying to be patient but it's coming up on a year since I ordered... I know things are all over the place these days but it's a bloody long wait!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
chazmann wrote:
Looks like Transition might have a purple one in stock on their website.

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Spire.cfm

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
I'll sell you a nice very very quiet Spire Carbon in Medium in Cadbury's Purple, i have my eye on a noisy frame from Canada in this cool bush colour, Called Cucked-My-Wallet-Berry.

#ForbiddenDruid

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
samsq wrote:
chazmann wrote:
Looks like Transition might have a purple one in stock on their website.

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Spire.cfm

Yeah did see that, but unfortunately made the short sighted decision to sell my Scout months ago, so need a complete!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
Hey, anyone running a large spire at 5'9" or 176cm or so? Ones come up GX build. Can't really test ride. But I wanted longer reach than the medium as that would make it my shortest reached bike.
Cheers

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 1:02 Quote
danctm wrote:
Hey, anyone running a large spire at 5'9" or 176cm or so? Ones come up GX build. Can't really test ride. But I wanted longer reach than the medium as that would make it my shortest reached bike.
Cheers

I’m about 178cm and run a large spire. Big bike but fits well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006760
Mobile Version of Website