Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
O+
Posted: May 30, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
The longer chainstays are partially why I'm not worried about the longer front end. Should be easier to keep traction. Maybe not so maneuverable. But my trail bike is.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
chazmann wrote:
f*ckingsteve wrote:
chazmann wrote:
Anyone in the states planning on selling a carbon Spire in small? I've been waiting nine months for mine and just got pushed back to July, starting to lose my mind here!

Keep an eye out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749780815302018

Cheers mate, yeah been checking there too, trying to be patient but it's coming up on a year since I ordered... I know things are all over the place these days but it's a bloody long wait!

My HB carbon was pushed from March delivery to September so I am still waiting as well...

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 11:57 Quote
That's a beautiful Spire with the Fox 40 and aluminum rocker. The oval chainring looks weird

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
travman32 wrote:
chazmann wrote:
f*ckingsteve wrote:

Keep an eye out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749780815302018

Cheers mate, yeah been checking there too, trying to be patient but it's coming up on a year since I ordered... I know things are all over the place these days but it's a bloody long wait!

My HB carbon was pushed from March delivery to September so I am still waiting as well...

Oh man, when did you order it? Seems like even the bike companies have no blue when things will actually arrive.

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 15:28 Quote
I feel like its definitely best to be trying to get frames at this point in the bike industry. Full builds, especially with Transition, seem to be delayed long after they are originally scheduled. Many parts are actually not that hard to come by right now, depending on what you want to build up of course. I would just sign up for their frame notifications on their website and even call the Outpost Bike Shop (their HQ) if you are somewhat PNW local to pick up a frame. Just my thoughts. I just built up a small huckleberry Spire for my partner and we were able to get all the parts very easily.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
Are we still getting headsets from the Commencal website? The supreme one? I’m tired of this creaky ass FSA one.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 18:59 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Are we still getting headsets from the Commencal website? The supreme one? I’m tired of this creaky ass FSA one.
Is it the headset or stem? I have to bust my anvil stem loose and clean all of the crud out of it every other time I ride or it creaks bad. Not sure if it’s just the re torque or what. But it’s quite after that..for a few rides.

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 22:13 Quote
liglikesbikes wrote:
^
photo
bike

How do you like the Cascade link? I have one on my V1 Sentinel and it was a game changer. Is it worth it on the Spire?

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
chazmann wrote:
travman32 wrote:
chazmann wrote:

Oh man, when did you order it? Seems like even the bike companies have no blue when things will actually arrive.

LBS had placed the order around May of 2021 around when first released, so its been over a year now. I decided in December I wanted it so I havent been waiting as long but still feels like forever. Still hoping it will just arrive one of these days unexpectadly, haha.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
hukriede wrote:
I feel like its definitely best to be trying to get frames at this point in the bike industry. Full builds, especially with Transition, seem to be delayed long after they are originally scheduled. Many parts are actually not that hard to come by right now, depending on what you want to build up of course. I would just sign up for their frame notifications on their website and even call the Outpost Bike Shop (their HQ) if you are somewhat PNW local to pick up a frame. Just my thoughts. I just built up a small huckleberry Spire for my partner and we were able to get all the parts very easily.

I would second this.

I originally placed a frameset order with my LBS in Jan 22 for an April delivery, this got delayed till September. Then mid-April, Transitions website had them available in Huckleberry, ordered it online and cancelled with my LBS, had the frame in my hands 3 days later.

Parts are coming back into availability if you're willing to shop around.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
I was glad that my Lbs had one in stock Sep.21.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
Theadventuresofziggman wrote:
liglikesbikes wrote:
^
photo
bike

How do you like the Cascade link? I have one on my V1 Sentinel and it was a game changer. Is it worth it on the Spire?

So far my experiences with the Cascade link on the Spire have been great. Absolutely in love with the bike. This is now the second link I've bought from them as I had one a Yeti SB 150. So far I've tested both air and coil shocks with it and I think I'll stick with an air shock, just cause the small bump feels almost as good as it does with the coil but with the air shock I can get it to ramp up more and have it feel more supportive. I still have yet to ride the bike without the Cascade link, I just recently got the bike built and have only done 2 days at Highland and a race weekend at Mountain Creek with it. I put the stock link back on the other night, along with a single crown fork, and just bouncing on the bike feels different. It feels a little less supple and a tad more supportive in the first 1/3 of the travel but that's about all I can tell without going for a proper ride on it. For trail and enduro, I think the bike will be more fun with the stock link, then for DH racing the dual crown and the Cascade link will be the move. From my experiences, I'd say the Cascade link is worth it but it all depends and what you're riding and how you want your bike to feel. For the more gravity side of things, I think it'd be worth it but if you are riding more trail and enduro stuff and you want your bike to feel more efficient with pedaling and pumping flatter bits of trail then it may not be as much of a game changer. Then again if you bought a Spire and are only doing trail rides and light enduro type riding then you've got yourself the wrong tool for the job, so if you don't fall into that category then I'd say the Cascade link is well worth it. That's my quick take on the Cascade link.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 11:57 Quote
liglikesbikes wrote:
liglikesbikes wrote:
^
photo
bike

So far my experiences with the Cascade link on the Spire have been great. Absolutely in love with the bike. This is now the second link I've bought from them as I had one a Yeti SB 150. So far I've tested both air and coil shocks with it and I think I'll stick with an air shock, just cause the small bump feels almost as good as it does with the coil but with the air shock I can get it to ramp up more and have it feel more supportive. I still have yet to ride the bike without the Cascade link, I just recently got the bike built and have only done 2 days at Highland and a race weekend at Mountain Creek with it. I put the stock link back on the other night, along with a single crown fork, and just bouncing on the bike feels different. It feels a little less supple and a tad more supportive in the first 1/3 of the travel but that's about all I can tell without going for a proper ride on it. For trail and enduro, I think the bike will be more fun with the stock link, then for DH racing the dual crown and the Cascade link will be the move. From my experiences, I'd say the Cascade link is worth it but it all depends and what you're riding and how you want your bike to feel. For the more gravity side of things, I think it'd be worth it but if you are riding more trail and enduro stuff and you want your bike to feel more efficient with pedaling and pumping flatter bits of trail then it may not be as much of a game changer. Then again if you bought a Spire and are only doing trail rides and light enduro type riding then you've got yourself the wrong tool for the job, so if you don't fall into that category then I'd say the Cascade link is well worth it. That's my quick take on the Cascade link.

Has to be one of the most useful bits of feedback ive seen regarding bike components ibe read in years

Usually just get a 'yeah its great'

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
liglikesbikes wrote:
liglikesbikes wrote:
^
photo
bike

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I really appreciate it. I think I'm sold.

Cheers,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012583
Mobile Version of Website