Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 4:33 Quote
Anyone know if there are a bunch of annoying spacers between the rocker and frame and between the chainstay and the frame? I’ve got to replace my front triangle and I’m debating on taking it to a shop so I don’t have to bobble small spacers and stuff. However, if it’s pretty straight forward I don’t mind doing it myself.

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 5:36 Quote
There’s detailed exploded view pictures on the transition website that will show you

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
jazzawil wrote:
There’s detailed exploded view pictures on the transition website that will show you

Jeez, didn’t even think about that. Thanks

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
Has anyone used a dvo jade coil shock on their spire? looking for feedback, specifically about the prorate spring too and which one people felt worked best for them (425-500, 475-575, 525-650).

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
I'm on a jade x.
525-650 @ 196-200lbs.

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
jaywindh wrote:
Has anyone used a dvo jade coil shock on their spire? looking for feedback, specifically about the prorate spring too and which one people felt worked best for them (425-500, 475-575, 525-650).

I'm 80 ish KG on a 400 spring, got a 450 pro-rate but not tried it yet

All good so far

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 18:41 Quote
Hey everyone, new spire owner getting used to the front wheel being further out there than I'm used to. I'd like to keep the head angle the same but bring the wheel back a little bit. Anyone in the same boat, and what headset/angleset did you settle on? Maybe I would be interested in a little steeper HTA if I ran it in the low position since I am in the hi mode and it seems plenty low.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 21:12 Quote
Robspittler wrote:
Hey everyone, new spire owner getting used to the front wheel being further out there than I'm used to. I'd like to keep the head angle the same but bring the wheel back a little bit. Anyone in the same boat, and what headset/angleset did you settle on? Maybe I would be interested in a little steeper HTA if I ran it in the low position since I am in the hi mode and it seems plenty low.

Wait, so you do or don't want to change your HTA? You will have to change it if you want to wheel to come towards the bike. Something else that might help you is to lower your stack height. This could bring your weight over the front slightly and help with that front wheel traction. This will also increase your reach though so something to keep in mind. Might be worth playing with stack height and bar rise combos to get what you want.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 21:21 Quote
hukriede wrote:
Robspittler wrote:

Wait, so you do or don't want to change your HTA? You will have to change it if you want to wheel to come towards the bike. Something else that might help you is to lower your stack height. This could bring your weight over the front slightly and help with that front wheel traction. This will also increase your reach though so something to keep in mind. Might be worth playing with stack height and bar rise combos to get what you want.

I guess a better way to explain what I meant was I'm not opposed to it steepening the HTA but would like to alter the intended geometry as little as possible, but with +5 reach adjust cups turned around it probably wouldn't make any real difference. Ill take your advice on maybe trying some flatter bars after I get some spacers out from under my stem.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 23:04 Quote
watch out with the anglesets ... fork dials might hit the down tube .. my DVO onyx feathers it with +1 works angleset...

EDIT: DVO ONYX.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 1:45 Quote
Zeb here with +1. No issues.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
Robspittler wrote:

I ended up dropping to a 20mm rise bar from the 35mm factory. Helps get me a little more forward.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
diggery wrote:
The bike has been incredible, I love it despite the couple of niggles
- shock squelching so back for a service/review
- headset bearings on the way
- Chainstay rattle, and bolt rounded out* when trying to remedy, so I've ping Transition a message to see if I can get that resolved.

- Shock rebuilt in a couple of days by Silverfish (UK). Much more support on the back, keeps it up in the travel and forks working better.
- Creak gone, it was the headset bearings rather than CSU, thankfully!
- Transition sending new hardware on warranty

Great result all round. Bike working a treat. Better than me, fell off it twice, had x-rays for suspected scaphoid break (just a bruised bone, phew!) and my knee so swollen I couldn't find my kneecap for a couple of days...

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
If anyone is looking for a bomber of a medium alloy frame, this one needs a new home.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3373207/

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
No selling in the forums.

But I get where you're coming from.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006835
Mobile Version of Website