Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
dekone wrote:
Zeb here with +1. No issues.

How are you getting on with the + 1 now? Any noticeable downsides with the geo change?

Which setting do you run it in?

Sorry for the questions I think I’ve asked this before but assume you had only just installed so wanting to hear more about it now you’ve rode it more.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 9:38 Quote
Currently running in high setting. Gets a bit higher stack and a few mm more reach. Rides well now. I've ordered a +1.5 to try the low setting with equal HTA. Will report when installed.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
dekone wrote:
Currently running in high setting. Gets a bit higher stack and a few mm more reach. Rides well now. I've ordered a +1.5 to try the low setting with equal HTA. Will report when installed.

Did you use a 1 1/8th crown reducer? Just getting my order ready and wasn’t sure if this was required. Looking at the works components version. Which did you install?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
I'm running it single crown. So no reducer needed for me. I installed the works,too.

Watch out for the headset cup / screw alignment. Mine was off and I had to replace them. Had this issue with my last 2 ones from them.

There's also superstar components in UK to look out for.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
Has anyone managed to slam a OneUp 240mm dropper post all the way into their XL carbon Spire frame?
TIA

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 18:51 Quote
Donylanddrifter wrote:
Has anyone managed to slam a OneUp 240mm dropper post all the way into their XL carbon Spire frame?
TIA

My XL carbon has a 210mm one-up dropper that is about 10mm shy of bottoming out. Any further and it starts to mess up the dropper operation. Im not saying you couldn't use a 240mm dropper, but it will probably have around 40mm of exposed seatpost below the collar.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 19:22 Quote
Robspittler wrote:
Donylanddrifter wrote:
TIA

My XL carbon has a 210mm one-up dropper that is about 10mm shy of bottoming out. Any further and it starts to mess up the dropper operation. Im not saying you couldn't use a 240mm dropper, but it will probably have around 40mm of exposed seatpost below the collar.

Ditto here

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 4:48 Quote
Transition Max Seat post insertion :
Carbon: Small 200mm | Medium 230mm | Large 260mm | XL 280mm | XXL 300mm

Cross check with dimension F from OneUp;

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0296/5739/9431/products/OneUp-Components-V2-Dropper-Dimensions-Square-966.jpg?v=1643674428

I wanted a 210 for my large. I've got 50mm sticking out with a 180 but the problem is the bit in the frame.

I could run a 210 but not be able to slam it. Or run the 180 with 50mm out for trail days then slam it lower then I could the 210 for uplift days.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
Donylanddrifter wrote:
TIA

I have 50mm sticking out with a 240 slammed as low far as it will go on an XL carbon frame. Like someone else mentioned, the internal routing is in the upper portion of the down tube (i think it routes just under the lower shock eyelet before it goes into the seat tube). This threw me off because when initially test fitting without the cable attached I could bottom a 240 all the way down against the seat tube, but with the cable attached any lower than 50mm and the cable would kink.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 12:30 Quote
Strange place to route the cable in my opinion. Noticed the cable route exit when trying to slam my 210 dropper. Shame as there’s more than enough insertion depth to allow a fully slammed post.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 13:58 Quote
As soon as SRAM release an AXS dropper with 200+ travel we'll all be sorted. No cables so shove that bad boy all the way in.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 22:03 Quote
nakeddave wrote:
As soon as SRAM release an AXS dropper with 200+ travel we'll all be sorted. No cables so shove that bad boy all the way in.

Ehhhh don't know they will yet.

If they did it would be a very long post.. clamp+battery design isn't ideal imo.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
A200-220 adjustable would be good

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
So, been looking to upgrade my Fuel EX8 XT M/L
with a Lyrik Ultimate 150 / SD Ultimate w/MegNeg and EX511 wheels and a Spire GX Alloy would be my choice. (Really love my XT grupset but don't like Fox)
So a couple of questions:

- What do you think about the Stans Flow S and Neo hubs? Cant find any recent reviews on those and are they as good as DT swiss EX1700?
- Size, im current on a M/L and it has a bit shorter reach than a Spire M, and i like the current setup i have (5/10 and 31,5") so i assume i would be good with a M?
- Does anybody know when they are delivering bikes with the new RS 2023 shocks?
I assume the delivery time is 6 months away so figure it will come with the new shocks.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 12:05 Quote
Twr wrote:
So, been looking to upgrade my Fuel EX8 XT M/L
with a Lyrik Ultimate 150 / SD Ultimate w/MegNeg and EX511 wheels and a Spire GX Alloy would be my choice. (Really love my XT grupset but don't like Fox)
So a couple of questions:

- What do you think about the Stans Flow S and Neo hubs? Cant find any recent reviews on those and are they as good as DT swiss EX1700?
- Size, im current on a M/L and it has a bit shorter reach than a Spire M, and i like the current setup i have (5/10 and 31,5") so i assume i would be good with a M?
- Does anybody know when they are delivering bikes with the new RS 2023 shocks?
I assume the delivery time is 6 months away so figure it will come with the new shocks.

The DT swiss wheels are way nicer. All my friends and I have had issues with the Neo hubs that came stock on our transition bikes. Like, need to replace the driver or entire wheel type issues. For my bigger friend they only lasted like a month. The Stan's mk3 and mk4 rims are nice, but the S1 wheels are pinned rather than welded and have riveted spoke holes, which are ugly and heavy. I'm interested to see how the new Stan's magnetic hubs work, but there's a good reason they swapped. The DT swiss on the other hand is arguably the nicest alloy wheels you can get, and hubs are very reliable.

I'm 5-10 as well and the medium fits me perfectly. So stable at speed but still able to whip around corners and off jumps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007173
Mobile Version of Website