Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 16:15 Quote
nubbs wrote:
chazmann wrote:
I know there’s been issues with knocking on the super deluxe. I just removed mine to give a coil a go, and when I did I noticed a rattling noise. Haven’t opened the air can up, but literally sounds like loose washers rattling around inside when you shake it. Anyone got any thoughts on this?!
Wish I could post a video, it’s only got five rides on it and sounds bloody horrendous!

Lol ya a quick SRAM warranty in July..

Travel spacer on damper shaft inside air sleeve slides around on super deluxe air. But being that the spire is a 65mm stroke there shouldn't be a travel spacer on the damper shaft. It could be the metal washer on the damper shaft sliding. Bottom out o-ring on damper shaft could be loose letting that happen.

Easy to depressurize air sleeve, spin off air sleeve. Then look inside with the shock still on the bike to see if it's the washer on the shaft.

I mean he already said he took it off to switch to coil, why not just warranty it while riding the coil. Their turn around really isn’t bad right now.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 18:58 Quote
Just returned home from a week of mostly park riding at Angel Fire and the Spire was amazing. Dropped her into the low setting and never looked back. Even did the South Boundary trail ride and had no issues climbing 1,200 feet. More than 100 miles of hard riding and not a single squeak, creak or rattle.

This bike is way more versatile than the numbers suggest. I am hooked on Transition bikes and can’t wait for an updated Smuggler to replace my Yeti SB 5.5…….which may be happening soon based on my convo with a few people at the bike park Wink

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 21:11 Quote
Got a stfu for my spire, pretty impressed so far! It's not winning a beauty pageant but I can't see it when I'm on it sonwho cares. My bike has been getting the Whistler its dry do what you want questionable lines treatment after a long wet spring so stoked to really get a feel for the bike now the higher alpine trails are opening up in time for crankworx. Couldn't be happier with it.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 22:43 Quote
jazzawil wrote:
Got a stfu for my spire, pretty impressed so far! It's not winning a beauty pageant but I can't see it when I'm on it sonwho cares. My bike has been getting the Whistler its dry do what you want questionable lines treatment after a long wet spring so stoked to really get a feel for the bike now the higher alpine trails are opening up in time for crankworx. Couldn't be happier with it.

Do they sell these in Whistler anywhere? Id love to pick one up when I’m here

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
chazmann wrote:
I know there’s been issues with knocking on the super deluxe. I just removed mine to give a coil a go, and when I did I noticed a rattling noise. Haven’t opened the air can up, but literally sounds like loose washers rattling around inside when you shake it. Anyone got any thoughts on this?!
Wish I could post a video, it’s only got five rides on it and sounds bloody horrendous!

Every super deluxe air shock that I have checked has that same rattle. It's not something you generally hear while riding for whatever reason unless yours is especially bad. Pretty sure it's the little bottom out accordion spring bouncing up and down the shaft.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
chazmann wrote:

Every super deluxe air shock that I have checked has that same rattle. It's not something you generally hear while riding for whatever reason unless yours is especially bad. Pretty sure it's the little bottom out accordion spring bouncing up and down the shaft.

Oh, very weird. Definitely haven’t heard it while riding, just didn’t seem like that was a healthy noise to hear at any point?! If you’ve observed it on several shocks then I guess it’s nothing to worry about. Thanks for the insight!

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
Anyone looking for a Fox X2 factory for their Spire in the UK hit my buy sell .

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 5:58 Quote
chazmann wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
chazmann wrote:

Oh, very weird. Definitely haven’t heard it while riding, just didn’t seem like that was a healthy noise to hear at any point?! If you’ve observed it on several shocks then I guess it’s nothing to worry about. Thanks for the insight!

I don't know if it's healthy or nothing to worry about lol but it is 'normal' for those shocks.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
Selling a PUSH 11-6 for a Spire with 425/450/475 coils available. Freshly serviced and ready to rip.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 3:27 Quote
As our household Electricity & Gas bills are quoted to be 4x a PUSH per year im going to have to cry and wish i could afford one. But if an EXT comes up i may be willing to sell my bum.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
Tuna-Flapjack wrote:
As our household Electricity & Gas bills are quoted to be 4x a PUSH per year im going to have to cry and wish i could afford one. But if an EXT comes up i may be willing to sell my bum.

Cash only. No ass.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
chazmann wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

I don't know if it's healthy or nothing to worry about lol but it is 'normal' for those shocks.

Yeah I’ve only got a handful of rides on the thing so gunna just send it for warranty. Got a SD coil to run for the time being anyway.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
Any owners with a 56mm offset Boxxer installed on a carbon spire? I just never have gotten along with fox forks and want to throw a 180mm ultimate on the front on my spire. Transition says the shorter offset Boxxer is a no no, but they don't mention the 56mm. It would just be for bike park season and then I would slap the zeb back on for the rest of the year, so I'm not overly concerned with steering, but I do want to know how the longer offset feels.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:09 Quote
Robspittler wrote:
Any owners with a 56mm offset Boxxer installed on a carbon spire? I just never have gotten along with fox forks and want to throw a 180mm ultimate on the front on my spire. Transition says the shorter offset Boxxer is a no no, but they don't mention the 56mm. It would just be for bike park season and then I would slap the zeb back on for the rest of the year, so I'm not overly concerned with steering, but I do want to know how the longer offset feels.

As far as I know.. Most folks are running 52mm offset fox 40 on their spire. the 56mm offset would be weird feeling for sure if you ask me. It would change the steering characteristic far too much to be worth it. The 46mm offset boxxer probably limits steering angle too much I would guess.

For those running a 40 on the spire. do you have the drop crown upper or flat crown? Trying to get one onto my spire before bikepark season is over

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 19:14 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Robspittler wrote:

As far as I know.. Most folks are running 52mm offset fox 40 on their spire. the 56mm offset would be weird feeling for sure if you ask me. It would change the steering characteristic far too much to be worth it. The 46mm offset boxxer probably limits steering angle too much I would guess.

For those running a 40 on the spire. do you have the drop crown upper or flat crown? Trying to get one onto my spire before bikepark season is over

Maybe I'll see if next year they come out with the new Boxxer for 2024. Looks like the blackbox fork on the WC DH bikes are 38mm stanchions, and I would bet the spacing is wider as well.

Early in the thread there was someone with the drop crowns on a 40 and it looked like that was the ticket.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008568
Mobile Version of Website