Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
I’m on a size M. There is not room for much if I’m using a water bottle. If anything I like to connect my oneup pump there.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
Kamperk87 wrote:
Has anyone bought any accessories, tools, etc for the the upper waterbottle mounts?

Only tool mounted on my bike is me.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
Kamperk87 wrote:
Has anyone bought any accessories, tools, etc for the the upper waterbottle mounts?

I 3d printed my own OneUp inline holder with offset entry and spare link storage!

It's been awesome so far. Had some massive crashes and not lost the pump. My back, wrist and chin on the other hand. All for product testing!

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
EKrum wrote:
I’m on a size M. There is not room for much if I’m using a water bottle. If anything I like to connect my oneup pump there.

Even the large is tricky.

I'm considering a fidlock bottle to make access easier.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
Kamperk87 wrote:

I've tried to mount stuff on my medium, but pretty much have no room for anything of use.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
Kamperk87 wrote:

I was thinking of putting an edc pump/tool there, but it fits fine with my cage/bottle, so now thinking maybe a tubulure strapped there

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
I currently strap a tube (one of the super light thin ones and c02 in the space behind the seat tube. I have that stuff wrapped inside a slice of old tube to protect it. Works great

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 22:06 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Kamperk87 wrote:

Yeah. I have the rolltop wolftooth bag and the strap for that zone. Can carry a ton of stuff in the .6L bag thing but it aint pretty.

I have the same set up and think it's fine.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 7:40 Quote
Kamperk87 wrote:

Buddy of mine bought a canyon and I grabbed a little canyon framebag. It's tiny, but I can fit a tubolito, tire levers, and a couple other small things. It's pretty low profile so it doesnt look garish, but it is small. I'm also on an xl, so don't have any clearance issues. I still run my oneup pump with the edc on the lower bottle cage.

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
Here's my setup...

Large Carbon Spire with my own OneUp pump holder. Elite Prism bottle cage and CamelBak Podium bottle.

I've got a CO2 cartridge in the pump, along with a tyre boot (old toolpaste tube!) rolled up with a valve core and some bacon strips in it.

I also modified a OneUp threadless steerer holder to fit the 38s and have the EDC in there, with a custom made jabber. The threadless steerer only takes the small storage capsule - the OneUp jabber comes with the pliers but this only fits in the large capsule, which won't fit my bike! I didn't want to pay for all of it and not use the pliers so I cut the thread of a CO2 cannister and epoxied a jabber tool into the thread then screwed that into the EDC under the small capsule.

In frame storage on a large Spire Carbon. Custom in-line OneUp pump holder.

It looks a lot on the frame but my total setup including tools weights less than a completely empty backpack!

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 23:41 Quote
diggery wrote:
Here's my setup...

Large Carbon Spire with my own OneUp pump holder. Elite Prism bottle cage and CamelBak Podium bottle.

I've got a CO2 cartridge in the pump, along with a tyre boot (old toolpaste tube!) rolled up with a valve core and some bacon strips in it.

I also modified a OneUp threadless steerer holder to fit the 38s and have the EDC in there, with a custom made jabber. The threadless steerer only takes the small storage capsule - the OneUp jabber comes with the pliers but this only fits in the large capsule, which won't fit my bike! I didn't want to pay for all of it and not use the pliers so I cut the thread of a CO2 cannister and epoxied a jabber tool into the thread then screwed that into the EDC under the small capsule.

In frame storage on a large Spire Carbon. Custom in-line OneUp pump holder.

It looks a lot on the frame but my total setup including tools weights less than a completely empty backpack!

Nice way to have all your spares. I would just hate having to take off and put all that back on each time I wash my bike, and no offense but it's ugly having a bunch of stuff attached the the frame.

For short rides I figure if I get a flat I'll just walk out, and I have a swat bottle cage with the tool on the bottom. Long rides flat kit goes in the water pack.

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
It can all stay on when you wash, as long as you don't jetwash it directly. I use a gentle brush and a light spray pattern.

It's not the best looking but I prefer it far more then having anything on my body. I'm not looking at my bike when I ride it either! It feels much better.

I am considering a fidlock bottle for a simpler look when the bottle is removed.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
diggery wrote:
It can all stay on when you wash, as long as you don't jetwash it directly. I use a gentle brush and a light spray pattern.

It's not the best looking but I prefer it far more then having anything on my body. I'm not looking at my bike when I ride it either! It feels much better.

I am considering a fidlock bottle for a simpler look when the bottle is removed.

Yeah I am with you there. Its a mountain bike. Did try a fidlock bottle and it rattled somehow on the mount..

If you live in California its best to keep the bike looking as expensive and clean as possible tho.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 14:28 Quote
diggery wrote:

XL with a Fidlock mount and a Jank Oneup pump mount. Fits the 590ml Fidlock bottle and a 70cc Oneup pump (just)

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 15:15 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Did try a fidlock bottle and it rattled somehow on the mount.

I had this and found it was the bottle moving on the bottle side of the Fidlock system rather than the Fidlock mount itself if that makes sense? Solved it by running a big zip tie through the bottle side mount and round the bottle (not unlike the old gravity strap system they used)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013051
Mobile Version of Website