Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 1:01 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Galfer is always the answer. Had a customer swap to Galfer from MTX and he was blown away by the difference!! You buy meow!!

My team mate likes those. I haven't tried them but would like to. I've just had luck with MTX

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 3:12 Quote
I get their Ebike pad, the purple one and won’t run anything else again. Completely changed my Guides! I was going to swap to Hayes but after their floating rotors and pads it’s as good as anything I have had before. Had TRP’s and liked them but holy shit I love my brakes now!

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 5:02 Quote
Galfer green pads are the fiercest pads out there, life span is ok in dry conditions. Purple E bike pads last longer in the winter and offer 85% of the green pads power. Black pads are often alot cheaper and run ok too, same power as purple but shorter life, haven't tried the red pads yet.

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 10:21 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Galfer is always the answer. Had a customer swap to Galfer from MTX and he was blown away by the difference!! You buy meow!!

Well galpher pros are in my cart anyway....

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 0:12 Quote
danctm wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

Which galfer pad

Green pads, even the purple eBike pads are awesome.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 13:05 Quote
Green galfers have been solid for me.

Getting the purps next to try out per the unicorn rainbow guy recc.

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 16:43 Quote
A friend of mine recommended the black ones, I was sceptical of semi metallic in the wet but they’re honestly amazing! Last ages and great in all conditions.

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 17:42 Quote
I asked the Galfer rep what he ran and purple drank it was so rolled with it.

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 19:53 Quote
What do the purple Ebuke pads do that the green pro/race pads don't?

(Besides last longer probably)

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 5:30 Quote
Anyone running a My2023 rockshox coil?

What riding weight and spring rates are you running?

I’m 80kg kitted and got a 400lbs spring available but havnt tried it yet as the coil isn’t fitted.

Thanks.

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 7:48 Quote
Andy87MTB wrote:

I’m 80kg kitted and got a 400lbs spring available but havnt tried it yet as the coil isn’t fitted.

Thanks.

I’m the same weight and run a 450 on my Cane Creek. 400 was just a little on the light side.

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 8:35 Quote
spinzillathespacelizard wrote:
What do the purple Ebuke pads do that the green pro/race pads don't?

(Besides last longer probably)

I've tried all three pads, the purple have close to the same power and bite as the green pro pads but with better longevity.

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 10:00 Quote
ratboy158 wrote:
Andy87MTB wrote:

Thanks.

I’m the same weight and run a 450 on my Cane Creek. 400 was just a little on the light side.

With RS shocks I tend to go one softer than on other shocks. 400 with the 22 SD Coil at 80kg.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 10:30 Quote
Andy87MTB wrote:

Thanks.

I'm darn close to the same weight. I run my 23 SDU Coil with a 400# spring. You can go lighter on the spring because of the hydraulic bottom out, as long as your sag is in the correct range.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011362
Mobile Version of Website